I came with my family to have a weekend in a nice place. We took a bote to the island and a friendly man came with an oxcart to take us to the hotel. That was an amazing experience for my children and for my wife and I too. The cabins are very nice and the place is absolutly beautiful and we could enjoy this paradise just for us, because nobody else were at the hotel.
During our stay we felt like we were alone in that place,to eat, we had to find a lady who was in the kitchen and ask if she could prepare something for us, sometimes we had to wait long and the food was nothing special and very expensive, and of course we had no choice.
At the reception was a volunteer girl, that was there for the check in, then we were just with the lady of the kitchen and the man of the oxcart. There was no one at the front desk for check out, and for paying, we had to go to a bank in Leon, where someone was waiting for us, because there was no one to make the charge at the hotel.
This is a paradise and we enjoyed it, because we love natural places, but the service was really bad and we felt they were not waiting for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfing Turtle Lodge is the only Island solar powered Eco-friendly hostel in Nicaragua’s Pacific Coast. Located only 20 minutes from the historic city of Leon, Nicaragua, and a 5 minute boat ride from the beach town of Poneloya on a beautiful deserted beach in Isla Los Brasiles. The Lodge strikes the perfect balance for everyone: Enjoy the island’s natural beauty while having comfortable, exceptional accommodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Surfing Turtle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfing Turtle Hotel Poneloya
- Surfing Turtle Lodge Nicaragua/Poneloya