This was a wonderful boutique hotel. Great location on Isabella Island across from the beach with iguanas literally crossing the road all day. Room and private bathroom were both plenty large and immaculately clean. The infinity pool and adjoining outdoor shaded lounging area was a great way to relax between the days activities on and around Isabella and watching the sunset from the rooftop jacuzzi was a great way to end the day (make sure to tell them ahead of time to get it heating up). Not many rooms so neither the pool nor the hot tub were crowded when we used them.
The dining was the best we had in the Galapagos. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us in the dining room and throughout the hotel.
There is no TV programming, which is a blessing, but available for DVDs. We never thought to turn it on. Internet access if needed is in the bar. All the places we stayed in the Galapagos claimed WiFi access, but it actually worked here. The bar had wine, bottled beer, some fruit juices and it appeared that mixed drinks were available but we did not try them.
This hotel had everything we wanted or needed and more. Should have stayed longer. Overall, truly our favorite place we stayed in the Galapagos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador