We stayed 2 nights at this hotel with our 4 grown children. The location is amazing and the hotel is quite elegant. When we booked our stay through a tour group we were told there were only 2 rooms available, however when we arrived there were very few guests and we were offered the third room we had wanted at full price. They also suggested a special "prix fixe" meal for the 6 of us of local dishes. The food was okay and the service was slow, The next day we asked for the "tab" for the meal and found we had been charged full price for all the dishes and the meal was a whopping $435! To be fair we should have ascertained the cost before the meal, but we felt we had been misled. We brought this to their attention and had some polite conversations with the staff and were promised "something" would be done. However, we were then told that no refund would be made. They told us that they would make us a "take away" breakfast for our 5am departure the next day. They didn't even appear until our van had arrived. At that point we were offered apples.
After several email exchanges with the tour company and the management they finally offered to refund our money for the meal, however that process took quite a while and we were eventually told that they were not able to credit our account. We contested the portion of our bill that covered the meal.
The air conditioner in the room blew directly on the bed.
$10.00 was found to be missing from one of the rooms.
This is a beautiful hotel, however the management needs work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Crossing is Isabela's newest and most innovative hotel. Its minimalist design and superior service offer guests a privileged experience on this scarcely populated island. Iguana Crossing is located in between Isabela's extensive white sand beaches and directly behind a wildlife-filled lagoon. Iguana Crossing offers an oceanfront swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 12 fully equipped rooms and a master suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Iguana Crossing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Crossing Hotel Puerto Villamil
- Iguana Crossing Galapagos Islands/Isabela, Ecuador