If you're brave enough to cope with the rough sea ride from Santa Cruz then this is a worthy reward. A quiet and intimate setting just a stone throw from the sea, this lodge provides a wonderfully soothing base from which to explore Isabela. Our room, Manzanilla, was simple but tasteful. The bathroom was large, clean and the shower actually worked which we found to be a rare occurrence during our time in South America.
The lodge is quiet and at night there is not a great deal to do apart from have a drink and look at the stars - but I'm not sure anybody visits Isabela for the nightlife. The food was good, a healthy range of options and for us, there was always a vegetarian dish or two. We didn't go hungry.
On the day trips, the kitchen would make us a packed lunch and took into account our dietary requirements without any problems at all. It sounds simple but you cannot imagine how difficult it is to explain that Chicken is a meat.
The real star of the lodge was our guide, Fabian. If you go, make sure you ask for Fabian as your guide. His knowledge, expertise and wonderful sense of humour added another layer to an already incredible trip. He was fantastic.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Isabela Hotel
- Red Mangrove Hotel Isabela
- Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Beach Hotel, Iguanas, blue footed boobies, penguins at the beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.