We travelled to Galapagos for the 8 days Full Adventure trip, and it was absolutely wonderful!
We started on Santa Cruz, then Floreana and continued to the island of Isabella, definately our favourite of the three islands. The Isabella lodge was right on the beach. A perfect location! The room was excellent. Lots of space, a very nice bathroom with sufficient pressure in the shower. A well functioning air conditioning. Safety deposit box. Big beds. And everything was very well managed and clean. Having the toilett bucket emptied every day and clean towels every day is worth a lot in the Galapagos heat. We stayed three days on Isabella and we enjoyed every minute of it. The hike to Sierra Negra was one highlight. A tip is to bring a lot of water because it is a long trek (6-7 hours) in the heat of the day. The lodge provided us with a nice packed lunch and to bottles of half a litre of water. We brought one more bottle, but at the end of the hike, we were still thirsting for more. The weight is more than worth carrying. Other highligts was swimming with sea lions and penguins in the bay, snorkling with sea turtles and even manta rays! We really loved Isabella. It is not much to do on this island after the excursion is over, but the few beach bars are worth checking out. We loved the peace and quiet of the island, but if you need a lot of action around you, you might think differently. We had a wonderful 8-day trip around Galapagos and the only regret we have, is that we did not schedule two-three days at the end of the trip to just stay at Isabella and process all the experiences we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Beach Hotel, Iguanas, blue footed boobies, penguins at the beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Isabela Hotel
- Red Mangrove Hotel Isabela
- Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge Galapagos Islands, Ecuador