The beach where the hotel was located had very fine and soft sand. You could have an unobstructed sunset view there. There was a small but beautiful red mangrove at one end of this long long beach. If you walk for 10 minutes, you would find a pier and a bar. The hotel room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was also very clean with hot water for shower. Internet reception however stopped after around 9:30pm. The restaurant served free soda and bottled water. The food was very good. The only thing I wasn't sure was how secure the hotel rooms were. The beach was shared with other tourist accommodations and local people homes. Theoretically, anyone could walk to knock your room's glass door (note: the room door was lockable). I stayed two nights with my dirty shoes outside but they were intact. Guess security wasn't a problem. Travelers however should take note of this and stay vigilant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Beach Hotel, Iguanas, blue footed boobies, penguins at the beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Isabela Hotel
- Red Mangrove Hotel Isabela
- Red Mangrove Isabela Lodge Galapagos Islands, Ecuador