“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Hampi

You added Hyatt Place Hampi to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Hampi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Vidyanagar Township | Toranagallu, Bellary 583123, India   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
FREE WI-FI
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bellary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hyderabad, India
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The stay at Hyatt Place was fabulous. From check-in to check-out, the experience was first rate. Thank you Usta & your staff for making our stay there so memorable. This was my third visit to Hampi and unlike the earlier visits the charm this time was the stay at Hyatt. A word of caution - to those doing a road trip to Hampi - the approach roads to Hampi and Toranagallu are quite bad. The rains do not help. Hospet & Bellary roads are a definite pain!
I just wish the travel desk/staff at Hyatt could be more knowledgeable on road conditions and their travel advisory more accurate. Since we were driving ourselves we could have used help on route maps to the attractions nearby which also includes Padattakal monuments (3 Hr one way!) along with Hampi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this review, August 25, 2013

Greetings of the day.

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are happy to know that overall you had a very pleasant stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with Utsa and she will be glad to receive the thoughtful compliment from you.

I have noted your constructive feedback with regards to the travel desk and would like to ensure you that we will reemphasize the training on the driving directions in order to assist our guests with travel recommendations more accurately.

We once again thank you for your feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Hyatt Place Hampi.

Sumit Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is clearly a business hotel, slowly wanting to convert into a leisure destination.

But, what a fantastic stay we had! The ever-charged GM (Sumit Kumar) and his team - Priti, Utsa, Kunal, Akshay, Aamair, Vayu, Kaushal, Manish, Gautam, Saurav, Debashish (head-chef), Shweta, Gaurav & the others can pamper you to no end. You guys truly rock!

We went with our kids to visit Hampi, which is about 45 minutes' drive away from the hotel. Don't forget to ask for the hotel to arrange for their own guide (we had ChandraShekar) who can be very informative and very helpful at various different touring points.

The food here is good. The hotel, being a new one, will take a while before it can stock-up premium liquor in its bar.

Rooms are nice. The swimming pool is clean and well-kept.

Overall, a fantastic and truly very memorable experience. Hyatt Place, in the coming years, could be a reason why one would want to visit Hampi. The warmth & courteousness of the staff is truly world-class.

My kids were depressed to know that their vacation at this place had come to end. They are so looking-forward to be back there soon. Hope by then the hotel's kids' centre gets ready.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Mr. Jain,

Warm greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

At the onset I would like to thank you for the wonderful feedback that you took time to post it on the Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that your family and you had a great time during the stay with us and that you liked our hotel and its overall services. Its generous of you to recommend our hotel to travelers exploring this magnificent World Heritage site.

I have already shared your compliments with the rest of my team and they still remember and talk about the interactions that they had with your entire family. Your active and direct engagement with the team has certainly motivated them to endure their efforts to make each and every guest happy and contented.

I am working rapidly to your feedback on the “Recreational lounge” and will certainly keep you posted on the progress.

Thank you once again indeed and the team sincerely looks forward to welcome you back soon.

Best personal regards,

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I just returned from a trip to Hampi, and we stayed in Hyatt Place. The hotel is really nice, and a good option for staying near Hampi/Bellary. The surrounding areas are very basic, so it's surprising to find such a nice hotel in this place! The staff are extremely friendly, and made sure our trip was memorable. The place is a bit far from the Hampi temples & monuments (the drive takes about 45 mins) but it's still a good option for exploring Hampi. The rooms are not so large (as this is primarily a business hotel), but are comfortable & adequate. There's free wifi, and that's something which we always appreciate. Food is nice too, but the choices are a bit limited (that's not necessarily a bad thing).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

The team and I appreciate your wonderful feedback and thank you for recommending our hotel to travelers exploring this part of North Karnataka. I am excited to know that you had a great time during your stay with us and we were able to cater to needs of a leisure guest.

The team at Hyatt Place Hampi strives to extend authentic hospitality to all our guests and ensure they are comfortable throughout their stay with us.
I am glad that their efforts enhanced your overall stay experience. I will be happy to share your comments with my team and am sure they will be very motivated.
We appreciate your constructive feedback and assure you that my culinary team is working towards elaborating the choices in our menu.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and strong recommendation.

Sumit
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Although this is a Hyatt Place and not a regular Hyatt, the concept is new to India.
This is a business hotel that does a wonderful job , thanks to the team at Hyatt place of making families really welcome. Nearby historical sites of Hampi was our reason for visiting.

The team at this Hotel makes the difference , and it works, will recommend it to family and friends who plan to visit Hampi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Hyatt Place Hampi.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and recommending our hotel to travelers exploring the World Heritage site. We are happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us and that you liked our hotel and it’s overall services.

The team will be excited to receive your compliments and it will certainly motivate them to endure their efforts to make each and every guest happy and contented. Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and strong recommendation.

Mumbai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hi,

I travel to Hospet / Bellary for work on regular basis.

This was the first time I stayed at Hyatt Hampi, and the only reason I am giving 2 star is for the warmth few of the staff shared during my stay. I must add that Mr. Hemant was quite a nice guy.

But when we talk about the hotel, there nothing of Hyatt Experience here. I was quite disappointed with this hotel.

Hyatt Hampi is located inside the JSW Ltd (a steel plant) township. Most of the people who book here is because they want to visit the steel plant for work or have some project going on with them as commuting from the hotel to the plant is very convenient.

That said and done, I feel if the visit is strictly for work then the JSW Guest house offer the same comfort as that of this hotel at 20% of the price. And the food at their Convertor (restaurant) is not only excellent, but also very very affordable.

When I booked my room from the portal the room charge at 5000/- (without Tax) it was nowhere cheap considering that I am going in interior remote place of the country. But I was willing to pay the price to feel more comfortable in a 5 star luxury hotel with name of Hyatt behind it.

Post booking when I informed the hotel about my arrival on the date of booking by early morning train, the hotel offered pick up from the station at some ridiculous charge. I obviously called my regular travel agent who picked from station and dropped me to the hotel. Hotels in Goa, Mumbai etc. offer free pick up & drop by default. Here the station is hardly 4~5 Km, but there was huge charge for it.

Anyway, at the reception, I was told the room will be ready only after 12:00 pm! What the hell, I am on a work trip and I cannot afford to wait till 12 noon! Then the staff offered me to give me room with early check in charge of 2000/- with tax. (that is 40% of the full charge, for checking into 4 hours before time!) I protested but he said that this is hotel rules! I asked why was I not informed at the time I called, the reply was this is standard practice in Hotel industry!

I had no option but to checkin and pay the additional charge. I told the front desk that when you were aware that I am coming in early by the train, they should have informed me in advance about the charge. But there was no answer.

Further the rooms were just OK. The Air conditioner in my room 133, refused to come below 25 degree. The TV was not working, but on calling the reception, the TV remote was repaired and TV was fine. For the toothbrush and tooth paste, I had to again call the reception and then it was sent to my room. How can a hotel like Hyatt cannot have basic toiletries placed in the bathroom! Why should I call for it? How much the hotel can save by not putting such stuff? I fail to understand this.

I have stayed in various hotels of Hyatt in India and abroad, but this was the new LOW of Hyatt I have ever experienced. The staff are no doubt very friendly and nice to talk, but what is the use if the hotel is not equipped well.

Also they did not have fully functional gym. A temp. arrangement was made which is hardly a gym of a first class hotel.

I would not have mind all these had the tariff been 2500 or so. But when I have paid 2000 (early Check in) + 5000 + Tax which is close to 8000/- for 1 night in a remote town like Tornagullu, I feel nothing less than cheated by my own high expectation from Hyatt.

I would advice all my fellow travellers that if the visit to Bellary is for JSW, then please stay at JSW Guest House which is in all honesty as GOOD as Hyatt and at 850/- it is Super value for money.

As for others, there are many options in Hospet which offer similar facility.

For the foreigners (mainly Japanese, American etc) who work on project at JSW, I guess they have no option, but certainly this hotel room is not worth more than 2500~ 3000/-

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Jajoo,

Greetings of the day.

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am extremely concerned to learn that you did not find the service extended at the hotel during your stay upto your expectations.

I would like to share with you that as a standard the hotel check in time is 02:00 pm and check out time is 12:00 noon, should there be an early arrival or a late departure we do provide the accommodation subject to availability. However should the guest wishes the guaranteed availability of room on arrival we offer to charge an additional amount as the rooms have to be pre-registered. This charge also includes the complimentary breakfast for that day and also complimentary wi-fi services throughout the hotel immediately after the check -in. My sincere apology that in your case the same was not shared while confirming the reservation.

Hyatt Place is the new brand of Hyatt that was launched at the end of last year and Hyatt Place Hampi is the first operational hotel in India providing a fresh, purposeful and friendly stay experience with a selected range of services. As a select service brand we place the basic amenities in the bathroom, however there are additional amenities extended to guests on complimentary basis upon request.

Your feedback with regards to the air-conditioning and television mal function has been sincerely noted and communicated with the concerned department head.
Being a new hotel our Gymnasium is under final stage of construction hence we have made a momentary arrangement with basic exercising machines to ensure that all our in-house guests do not compromise on their routine workouts.

We once again thank you for your detailed feedback and truly look forward to welcome you again at Hyatt Place Hampi in order to regain your confidence.

Please feel free to write to me directly on sumit.kumar@hyatt.com should you plan to travel to this part of country again.

With best personal regards,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and wify were at Hyatt Place Hampi from July 21st to 23rd. We cherish each and every moment we spent there! Infact wife was sad to leave the place!! Special kudos the staff for the wonderful hospitality extended. Thanks a ton to Gautam, Utsa, Saroja, Akshay, Debashish, Manish and every other member of the staff. You guys made our holiday truly unforgettable.

If you are going to visit Hampi, Bellary or Hospet, don't look beyond Hyatt Place Hampi. It's "the" best place around there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Bhat,

Warm Greetings from UNESCO World Heritage site.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us and that you liked our hotel and it’s services.

The team at Hyatt Place Hampi strives to extend genuine hospitality to all our guests and ensure they are comfortable throughout their stay with us.
I am glad that our efforts enhanced your overall stay experience. I have already share your feedback with the rest of my team and they are very motivated to receive the same.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and strong recommendation.

Goa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were at Hyatt Place Hampi from 04.July to 06.July.2013(friends).It was an amazing experience & will always be very close to our hearts.The Hotel Is very beautiful & well maintained with Amazing location & more importantly FANTASTIC STAFF.Right from station pick up on day 1, to the stay at the hotel, till the day we departed, the stay was Fabulous.The GM, Mr.Sumit Kumar & his team is truly exceptional.Each & every staff is very efficient,helpful & friendly.Always ready to assist with a smile on their face.

A Big Thank you & kudos to the GM ,Mr.Sumit kumr,Ms.Utsa,MS.Kanika,Ms.Priti,Ms.Saroja,Chef Mr.Debashih,Kushal,Manish(2),Akshay ,Chandan, & all the Staff of Hyatt Place Hampi.

This holidays was for sure the best vacation we ever had N m looking forward to visit with friends & family again.We are taking back lots of good memories & talk about it every day.on Personal front i have learnt so many good things at the Hotel,Team Work,multitasking,out of box thinking etc which i shall try to implement in my day to day life.

Recommend to every person,business travelers, leisure trip,(frnds ,family ,solo travels). Truly hospitality at its best.All the best & good luck ,may Hyatt Place hampi touch greater heights in the future & becomes the best hotel In India, ,Asia & In the world.

Regards
Saroj KShatri

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
hampi_hyattplace, General Manager at Hyatt Place Hampi, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Saroj,

Greetings from Hampi.

Thank you for sharing your stay experience at our hotel with us.
The team at Hyatt Place Hampi stands committed to making the guest stay experience a memorable one.

I will be glad to share your compliment with my team, this will certainly motivate them to endure their efforts to make each and every guest happy and contented.

Sumit Kumar

Been to Hyatt Place Hampi? Share your experiences!