“my beautiful guyana” 5 of 5 stars

Guyana
Improve this listing
Type: Waterfalls, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: At 825 feet, these falls are nearly five times as tall as North America's Niagara Falls.
Georgetown, Guyana
“my beautiful guyana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The majestic Kaieteur falls , awesome view...a must see. The atmosphere is breathtaking as well as the view from different angles.

New York, NY
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing and breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I did the 5 day overland trek to Kaieteur back in 2009. Even though it was years ago, the look, sounds and feel of the falls are still fresh in my mind - never to be forgotten. It was an amazing experience and one that we're so glad that we did.

The falls are spectacular and breathtaking. There are no guard rails, there are not crowds of people to deal with, even when the tour groups come through.

We used rainforest tours which was a great experience for us. We ended up with a delay for an extra day and we still cannot say enough good things about the experience. When you do an overland tour, you get to stay overnight at the guesthouse at the falls which gives you the time to really enjoy and explore the falls and the surrounding area. You are also able to experience it at all times of day and occasionally you could be the only people at the falls and have it all to yourself. You just don't get that experience with a short plane ride day trip. And the sense of accomplishment when you know you've come so far to get there is unforgettable.

I wish more people would go to visit Guyana. It's a beautiful country with very nice people. I feel like the falls should be on bucket lists, yet barely anyone even knows about them. It's a shame. However, if it ever does become much more popular, some of the natural beauty could be taken away by having stricter regulations and guard rails which would definitely take away from the experience a bit. Go now before this happens!

Visited April 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

From the moment you see the falls flying over it in a light aircraft to the time you leave it is simply an amazing sight of nature. Includes a nice trek to the falls from the airstrip during which you get to see the falls from different vantage points. I have see the great pyramids, the Taj, the temples of kajuraho among others but this is second to none. It is simply the most stunning sight of nature that I have ever seen.

It should be a must visit by everyone, especially those who consider themselves adventure or world travellers and you will not regret it!

I hope the natural sirroundings of it never change. We don't need no stinking rails, big hotels, restaurants, bar or anything of the sort here, leave it as natural as it is please!

Toronto, Canada
“Top Class customer service in Guyana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Date of use - Week of March 3
Use of Tour Agent - trip to Kaieteur Falls, Rum Tour, Travel around Georgetown.
First all i have to say that my next trip to sight tour in Guyana I will not hesistate to arrange all my tours with Dagron tours. From their email replies to their actual service were top notch.
Ann Hamilton had her staff treat us like we were the most important bunch of guest she was arranging tours for.
Excellent service from our driver Paul and our tour contact Athea (my apology if i spelt it wrong). They both went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and important.
I initially booked the Kaieteur trip for myself, my dad, my brother, my sister and her husband. This was the only tour group that treated my email as if I was at their office. Email replies were always that same day and answers were direct and honest.
Once we got there and realize the extent they the tour staff went to make our trip memorable and worry free while not trying to financially milk us made our decision to use them for all our other tour requirement stress free.
I am planning to take my 2 daughters to visit my home country next year and Dagron will be at the top my list of trust worthy people I would be dealing with.
Thank you Dagron, Athea, Paul and Ann Hamilton..

Mississauga, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is something to see. Very few people around, no safety gear to get in you way, probably as close to a pristine area you can get. Saw lots of birds including cock of the rock, the tiny little golden frog and very odd green things whose names I don't know, just tropical growth, flowers etc. The path is a little harder to walk on as it can be wet, covered with vines and rocks and is slightly downhill, about 20 minutes with viewing points, and of course then uphill all the way back to the little dirt landing strip. Nice visitors centre with flushing toilets. Dagron Tours flew us in and out and the plane was fine, the views flying over the falls breathtaking, they gave us bottles of water and an empanada kind of snack. Nice, should do thing in Guyana.