Outstanding old chateau which is beautifully restored. All furnishings appear the highest quality. In our recent 3 week trip through Spain and France, the bed at Chateau Lamothe was by far the most comfortable and luxurious we encountered. Big, very well appointed bedroom and a bathroom to match with lots of antiques throughout. Large, walk in shower and big separate bath tub for relaxing. The grounds are exceptionally well kept, and it is very cool to stay in a "castle" surrounded by a real moat. The location, while quiet and rural, makes trips to St Emilion and Bordeaux easy. Carla is a welcoming host, inviting you to use a community refrigerator as well as plates and utensils to cater your own picnic at any of the available places on the extensive grounds. Breakfasts are extensive with fruit, breads, pastries, cheese, meat and eggs cooked to order. Dinner at the Chateau was a bit overpriced for what was presented, but the room as a B & B reservation was a bargain. You are getting Relais Chateau quality at a lesser price than an RC property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château Lamothe, in situated the heart of the Bordeaux region is only 30 minutes from the international airport. Positioned equidistant between Bordeaux and St Emilion - 25 minutes drive- you are perfectly positioned to explore wine country. Tucked away in a rural environment within a small village, surrounded by its own spring fed moat with its swans and ducks.This private château has recently changed ownership, the property has just undergone large renovations and has been tastefully restored, modernised and decorated to provide a delightful French home with a high level of service and comfort. The bedrooms are luxiously and tastefully decorated all with en-suite bathrooms. Breakfasts are served either in our dinning room or our stunning South facing terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau Lamothe du Prince Noir - Bordeaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux Hotel Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux France/Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac