I don't know where to start: the whole experience was spotless.
We went there during our honeymoon so expectations were high but they delivered.
First of all the service was extremely attentive and friendly. The lady who runs the chateau is clearly a pro at it: she had great suggestions for attractions around the area (she booked us to 2 wineries tours at the last minute and they turned out great) and also on where to eat. Again she booked for us two amazing restaurants: an extremely good low key restaurant and a high end restaurant (even securing us the best table in the Michelin star restaurant a day in advance when it was fully booked: truly someone who has contacts and knows how to treat her guests). She speaks French and English flawlessly and is extremely friendly and helpful.
The place itself: wow! A beautiful small chateau with a moat around, very romantic, extremely well decorated inside and extremely clean as well. There is also a good size pool on the property. Our room was BIG, the bathroom even had a boudoir sofa in it! It's very quiet and you need a car to get there.
And this review wouldn't be complete without talking about her amazing breakfast: it was sooo good and homemade (she does the jam, etc).
Truly a place to stay in if you are in the region, I would go back in heart beat.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux Hotel Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux Hotel
- Chateau Lamothe Du Prince Noir - Bordeaux France/Saint-Sulpice-Et-Cameyrac
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Château Lamothe, in situated the heart of the Bordeaux region is only 30 minutes from the international airport. Positioned equidistant between Bordeaux and St Emilion - 25 minutes drive- you are perfectly positioned to explore wine country. Tucked away in a rural environment within a small village, surrounded by its own spring fed moat with its swans and ducks.This private château has recently changed ownership, the property has just undergone large renovations and has been tastefully restored, modernised and decorated to provide a delightful French home with a high level of service and comfort. The bedrooms are luxiously and tastefully decorated all with en-suite bathrooms. Breakfasts are served either in our dinning room or our stunning South facing terrace. ... more less