The wallpaper on my cell phone is a photo that I took from studio 14 at the La Paloma Oceanside Retreat. It makes me smile. Our 7 day stay during the week of March 9th was problematic for only one reason: it was far too short.
Studio 14 is very spacious, and the living/kitchen room, bedroom and bathroom are all comfortable. The view is fantastic. Not obvious in the pictures found on the La Paloma's website is the fact that there are many windows opening onto the pool/beach view, including those in the bedroom. Unique among the studios, the living area has a huge sectional sofa, and it will easily sleep a 3rd person. Our adult son occupied that space happily, as he joined us on a break from his two jobs and an opportunity to surf in Mexico. This leads to thoughts about the staff. Kyla and Antonio were extremely helpful in describing places to explore, and with just about anything one needs. Kyla's brother, the bartender across the road at Maya, a great tapas restaurant, is the local surfing expert. Our son had a trip to remember, making friends with Germain, and using his advice to find the very best spots to surf.
La Paloma's atmosphere is relaxing, with well-tended gardens and a beautiful pool. The common eating area is very comfortable. The continental breakfast, which is more than just toast, includes fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice. The bread for the toast, by the way, is delicious. You can, for a small fee, have a variety of protein-filled breakfast dishes fixed for you by Isabella.
We happened to be in San Patricio during the week before Dia de San Patricio. Parades were a part of every day and night, and the zocalo was full of mellow residents of all ages on the night of the exciting burning of the huge firework bull.
Summarizing, La Paloma is a very comfortable, friendly place to stay in a 'non-resorty' town. There are plenty of really good, reasonably priced restaurants to enjoy. We only wish that we could have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the picturesque seaside town of Melaque, the beauty and serenity of old Mexico lives on. Here at La Paloma, an intimate resort, culture and traditional hospitality combine with modern technology and the singular artistic vision of its owners. Conveniently located a couple of blocks from the town square and shopping, yet when you step through the gate, you're miles away from the world outside in a safe, secure, garden paradise. Each of the 14 different rooms have their own uniqueness with wonderful views and amenities designed for your comfort. We are not your average hotel... We are your Home away from Home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Paloma Oceanfront Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Oceanfront Retreat Hotel San Patricio
- La Paloma Oceanfront Retreat Mexico/San Patricio