“ Great pizza ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“ Great pizza ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We loved the pizza and the waitres
Good price and taste great
Service and location great
Wine was good not fancy but taste great

Singapore
“An accidental gem found!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

As I was setting for a long walk from my apartment at Calle Bergami towards a certain famous restaurant in the San Marco area, the skies were already turning dark and it would be unwise to walk further with an empty stomach.

Moments from our random walk, we strolled past this gem which is conveniently located at the square (where kids were playing soccer or running around and their parents were chit-chatting). My first observation was the full house crowd at the outside seating area and then thought that if locals would love the food here, it must be really quite good (as proven in Bangkok).

Very vibrant area to sit and chill and look at the locals if you don't stay in Venice.

Gabriel, the waiter was fantastic. His cheekiness and humour were irresistibly warm and made us laughed alot and I thought this was really great because it just make the dining experience happier!

As much as I was cynical about restaurant staffs touting for customers, he didn't really attempted to and somehow I was just attracted by his presence during his recommendation that I was actually convinced to sit down with my partner and give this place a shot.

We ordered the seafood pasta and cabonara, both of which were huge servings for that price and it was really good! It was also enjoyable watching people walking past us, observing the kids playing noisily near us.

The setting, location and price were really great for a relax meal, and I'll definitely come back again for a second serving when I'm back in Venice!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Bad food, ok service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Started with the Bangladeshi rose beggars - another story, (they were very disrespectful and I recommend NOT to give them money) but that is not the restaurant's fault apart from letting them in. The restaurant is geared to tourists, and the food was very poor and expensive. My wife had chicken and potatoes - she thought it was reheated. I had sardines in saor for starters (by the way, you will have to try hard to get this wrong in Venice) and it was good. For the main course I had what was called spaghetti carbonara. The spaghetti was overcooked, and they had used cooked ham. For carbonara you need to use bacon / pancetta. You also should use eggs for carbonara, but they used condensed milk! It was awful and I sent it back. The manager came to my table to argue with me that the carbonara was good! I explained to him that it was not, and that by the way my mother was Italian and from Lazio /Rome (where carbonara originates from) and that this was not carbonara. He then offered me another meal... You have been warned.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not so great for tourists”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Paying to have a drink on the patio should not be a option, it should just be included. Like many places in Venice, overpriced and lack of enthusiasm for service. I'm sorry I came to your restaurant to spend my money..... No thanks.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Strolled into this gem. We had two pizzas, Diablo and the KO pizza. Both were made perfectly. The square this restaurant is in made the restaurant even more enjoyable. Very local feel and around 4:00pm the children all meet and play in this vast square for almost two hours. Parents share stories, children laughing, dogs walking, birds flying, great location. The food was fantastic, left completely satisfied. Great price too, paid 26€ for two pizza, liter of water and draft beer.