went back to Siolim after 6 years, concerned that it might have changed - but, apart from some improvements to the bathrooms and pool, nothing has changed thank goodness and it is just as lovely as it ever was. The beds are huge and comfortable, the staff endlessly helpful and welcoming and the food is delicious. It appears that if it is you that they ask first about dinner you can more or less choose your menu. After that stage it is a set meal though there is always veg or non-veg choice I think. It was unseasonably hot for March - daytime temperatures often over 35 and we were very comfortable in a vast first floor, non-aircon room - wide open windows and very effective fans were much nicer than chilly air-conditioning. Rock and roll it is not, nor is it an international hotel with a business centre for those who need to be online all the time. A relaxed place to appreciate the marvellous restoration of a grand old house, chat with fellow guests, eat authentic local food and enjoy the peace of the beautiful garden and pool...yes it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siolim House is a 350 year old palacio from the times Goa was a portuguese territory. It has all the hallmarks of a period manor and has been restored with all the care it deserves. Now only 7 suites in a lovely village very well located fo rthe beaches and sites, homecooked local cuising, it is very much a home where you will get to experience authentic Goan living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Siolim House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palacio Siolim House Hotel Siolim
- Casa Palacio Siolim Hotel
- Casa Palacio Siolim Bardez
- Siolim House Goa