They don't produce piles of useless toiletries. They don't give you sixteen towels that you don't need. They don't gush with false "customer service". They don't have a pale blue pool with jacuzzi nonsense. They don't have potted music everywhere. So it's not everyone's cup of tea. However, what they do have is exquisite peace and quiet. With only seven ideally restored rooms it is delightful to get to know other guests in a mild and gentle way. The property is sublime, and the owner has spared no effort to make it just as it must have been all those years ago - an elegant restrained Portuguese property. The pool is an elegant black granite, surrounded by the garden.The people running it are sincere, careful, restrained, delightful people from the local community. It is nice to pay the local taxis a fair rate, with a service charge from the hotel added on. It all seems right and in keeping with the owner's aim of living with the local community. Of all the 15 hotels we stayed in in India, Siolim House stood out as the best by a mile. It is a proper home from home. Quiet, courteous, comfortable, elegant, no fuss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Siolim House is a 350 year old palacio from the times Goa was a portuguese territory. It has all the hallmarks of a period manor and has been restored with all the care it deserves. Now only 7 suites in a lovely village very well located fo rthe beaches and sites, homecooked local cuising, it is very much a home where you will get to experience authentic Goan living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Siolim House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Palacio Siolim House Hotel Siolim
- Casa Palacio Siolim Hotel
- Casa Palacio Siolim Bardez
- Siolim House Goa