“Lovely seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Lovely seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Amazing place to eat...wonderful seafood..nothing fancy but the food speaks for itself.I stayed at this gorgeous hotel nearby, The Heritage and this place is just walking distance from it.Lovely food!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pune, India
“A true fish lover’s paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

A simple and down to earth bar and restaurant. I decided that I wanted to go hear after I heard about the amazing “thali” that’s served for just Rs.50 (i.e just 1$) however as I was here during December we were charged Rs.80 again just a dollar and a half. For those who don’t know what’s a thali, its literal meaning is a plate in Hindi, but in India quite a few restaurants serve a thali which means a meal that’s made up of a selection of various dishes.

Now coming back to what that 1$ thali consisted of: 1 portion of boiled rice, 1 large piece of crisply fried king fish, a portion of shell fish, 1 veg dish and a plain fish based gravy that’s unlimited if asked for. Personally knowing the price of fish in India it’s a steal. (pic uploaded)

Along with the thali we also ordered some fried fish, no clue what it was called but it was some river fish. On posting a comment on a social network site about how good the fish here was my cousin replied asking have you tried the prawns and mussels which made me go back there for dinner to try that out. Unfortunately couldn’t get the prawns but did end up getting the mussels and Bombay duck (its fish and not duck). (pic uploaded)

Overall I would rate this place a 9/10 on food. The place definitely lacks an ambience but makes up with the taste of its food. For a while I wondered why wasn’t this place already famous and later realised I was the one unaware about the place. Anand’s has been here and is already famous I realised this only after looking at the number of people and cars that were parked outside it at lunch. To my amazement I was pleased to see a couple of Indian television personality’s patrons to the place.

If in north Goa, do not forget to try this place out because you would definitely go back.

Note:
Mondays closed
During season I’ve been told a reservation is advisable

Apologies for the low quality pictures.

• Visited December 2012