We stayed at the Westin dawn beach for six days in January and it was a very nice place to stay. When you visit this island, there's so much to see that you won't be spending much time in the room. But while we were in the room, we were comfortable with a great beach view from the balcony.
Pros: what you would expect from a Westin. Nice rooms with big showers and a tub. The room was right by the beach. Great view. Could sip your coffee in the morning or wine in the evening on the balcony and just chill out. Stayed in a couple of nights just because hanging out on the balcony and watching the ocean was fine with me. Reception staff was exceptional (thanks Sabrina and to the lady who brought me a cold refreshment while I checked in, after a six hour trip). One morning out rental car's battery was dead (thanks to me forgetting the lights on). A man and woman who were hotel staff noticed our predicament tried stopping other drivers to give us a boost but when several other tourists said no, the man went and brought his own car and saved our day from being a loss. Hotel is perfectly situated on the border between the French and Dutch side. I would definitely go back.
Cons: housekeeping staff needs some work. Each day, something was missing, whether it was towels, soap, refresh of coffee bags or glassware. Bartenders could be more attentive. I waited twenty minutes to order drinks at the bar in front lounge and he [bartender] wasn't even busy. I was actually gambling (spent a couple hundred bucks) and the only reason i went to front lounge bar was because no one was serving drinks in the casino. Pool bar was a bit better but also needs some attention. Even though I loved my room (see pic), the first room I was given was a parking lot view room (I had reserved and paid more for ocean view). The front desk quickly put me into another room, which I appreciate, but after a long flight and drive, I want to check in and relax in the room that I booked - the first time around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Starwood, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa