Dawn beach is gorgeous and the Westin is a beautiful, clean facility located right on the beach with spectacular views. The one major drawback to the resort is its isolation. Without a car (fortunately we had one) you are a prisoner and the Westin's food is not good enough to keep people only at the resort.
Maddeningly there is another area (Oyster Pond) 1/4 mile down the beach with a few fun good restaurants but you can't get there walking across the beach because of a small rock formation that blocks passage. Instead you can either walk there (up and over a very steep hill with a poorly lit winding road) or drive. It really is a shame because less than 100 yards of a narrow walkway around the rocks would make the Dawn Beach Westin about 1000 times more inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Media 8, Inc., Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa