Dawn beach is gorgeous and the Westin is a beautiful, clean facility located right on the beach with spectacular views. The one major drawback to the resort is its isolation. Without a car (fortunately we had one) you are a prisoner and the Westin's food is not good enough to keep people only at the resort.
Maddeningly there is another area (Oyster Pond) 1/4 mile down the beach with a few fun good restaurants but you can't get there walking across the beach because of a small rock formation that blocks passage. Instead you can either walk there (up and over a very steep hill with a poorly lit winding road) or drive. It really is a shame because less than 100 yards of a narrow walkway around the rocks would make the Dawn Beach Westin about 1000 times more inviting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, West Indies, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa