We stayed here for one night before a Windstar cruise. After a grueling journey that included a red-eye out of LAX, an almost four-hour early-morning layover in Atlanta, and the flight from hell to SXM (wedged in between two passengers who each needed a seat and a half, one of which coughed all over me the entire way), I was looking forward to a nap in our room at the Westin, a room that, I might add, cost us over $600.
We arrived at about 4:30 in the afternoon, only to be told, “Unfortunately, we do not have a room for you right now.” A couple of phone calls were made, and I overheard something like, “Well, we could just give them that lady’s room.”
Twenty minutes later, we were given the key to “that lady’s” room and were directed to a wing of the hotel about half a mile from the lobby. For six hundred bucks, I guess I expected more. The room was big enough, but the view was of a driveway and the toiletries were something you’d find in a cheap motel. And it evidently hadn’t been cleaned since “that lady” vacated it. There was a fruit plate and a card addressed to her on the dresser, and the room was dirty. For example, there was dried blood on the bathroom floor.
We soon found out why “that lady” vacated this room. It was one of those rooms with a thin door in between it and the adjoining room, the kind of door that lets in ALL the noise from the next room. And there were a bunch, maybe five, loud unattended kids in that room. The hotel staff seemed to think we had something to do with them and kept showing up at our door for reasons that had nothing to do with us. Unbelievably, the parents even came into our room once, looking for their kids. Of course we asked to be moved, and of course the answer was no.
I would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa