we sailed from St Marteen to Anguilla and St Barth on MADIBA a 45 ft catamaran for a week and the experience was heaven. To come back to reality we chose the Westin. It was 45 minutes from Simpson Bay where the catamaran drop us off, about the same from the airport, 30 minutes from Marigot and Grand Case.There were plenty of taxi drivers (thank god) there is nothing really around the Westin and unless you have a car you need a taxi. The taxi drivers are great. I have to say we were so spoiled on the Madiba that it was hard to see so much of the staff looking so indifferent. The food was good and the Sunday brunch ( $50) excellent but you need to make reservations if you want to eat outside on the patio. Noone told us. The pool was nice but forget about an early morning swim 7am as it is very dirty with debris. They do vacuum around 8.I liked the beach bubble for $ 27 a day it was much cheaper than the 100/day pool side canopy.I loved the oceanfront room # 2170 - that was heaven to be in such a spacious space after the cabin on the catamaran or cabins on any cruise ship. BIG FISH a great restaurant down from the Westin.
Marigot had a lot of great restaurants. Grand Case has also great restaurants with Calmos and Blue Martini offering great music on certain days of the week.The Westin offered free WiFi and that was in itself a plus but most of all if one wants a quiet vacation away from the hustle bustle then the Westin is it. There is absolutely nothing to do but lay around the pool or beach when it is calm. There is also a very deserted casino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa