The Westin Dawn Beach hotel is a hotel, casino and spa at the far end of St. Martin. It is located on the French side/Dutch side border about 10 minutes from Orient Beach. We stayed here for two days before we were able to move into our time share near Simpson Bay.
The hotel itself is quite lovely. The room was very large, much larger than I expected. The king size bed was comfortable and every room had a balcony or porch. The bathroom was very nice with a shower large enough for two. The bathtub was small but functional.
Internet was free in the room and the cable TV actually worked which was surprising in St. Martin.
The pool was very nice and there was an outside bar. The pool was more for beauty than swimming although there were a few people swimming. The chairs by the pool had cushions on them and were very comfortable. The staff was very attentive.
The chairs on the beach were old and several had rips in them and should be replaced. Also, the beach chairs are the old style rubber ones, not the nice ones with cushions like at the pool.
There are two restaurants on site. We only ate in the more casual one. Ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was very good bordering on excellent. The chocolate Mousse was to die for. The staff went out of their way to help us. One waitress even searched out and found my wife a chocolate mouse on her second trip to the spa.
They have two buffets, a Sunday brunch, Sunday breakfast and a Wednesday dinner. We only ate the Sunday breakfast and it was very nice and a good value. The Sunday brunch looked to be too expensive.
My wife used the spa and loved it so much that even after we moved to the other side of the island, she drove 45 minutes back to the hotel to go to the spa again even though there were closer spas to us.
The casino is small. It has your normal casino fair. Unfortunately, the craps table was not open the two days I stayed there.
We asked for and received a late checkout without much problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa