This was our first visit to St Maarten.
The hotel & staff were very accommodating especially the front desk attendant - Shonar - who went out of her way to relocate us to an Oceanview Suite. Our view was wonderful.
The hotel is remote & a car rental is a must, but actually, after a day of sight seeing, we welcomed coming "home" to the seclusion & quiet.
The beach is not big - don't expect long walks on the sand. We did feel very safe & private while on the beach.
I felt the Casino in the middle of the hotel Lobby was tacky! For a "smoke free environment" hotel this went against the Westin image/policy. Not the first thing you want to see upon arrival. The hotel gets better the closer you get to the water. The entrance/Lobby needs attention.
We enjoyed our breakfast on the patio restaurant each morning & the wait staff were always friendly.
Be sure to try the restaurants in Oyster Pond. We recommend "Big Fish" & "Canoa".
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel & throughly enjoy St Maarten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., West Indies, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa