This was our first visit to St Maarten.
The hotel & staff were very accommodating especially the front desk attendant - Shonar - who went out of her way to relocate us to an Oceanview Suite. Our view was wonderful.
The hotel is remote & a car rental is a must, but actually, after a day of sight seeing, we welcomed coming "home" to the seclusion & quiet.
The beach is not big - don't expect long walks on the sand. We did feel very safe & private while on the beach.
I felt the Casino in the middle of the hotel Lobby was tacky! For a "smoke free environment" hotel this went against the Westin image/policy. Not the first thing you want to see upon arrival. The hotel gets better the closer you get to the water. The entrance/Lobby needs attention.
We enjoyed our breakfast on the patio restaurant each morning & the wait staff were always friendly.
Be sure to try the restaurants in Oyster Pond. We recommend "Big Fish" & "Canoa".
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel & throughly enjoy St Maarten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches, The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten offers guests a true getaway. Scuba dive, take a ferry to Anguilla for the day, or just relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Media 8, Inc., Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort And Spa, St. Maarten
- The Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Westin St Maarten Martin
- St Maarten Martin Westin
- Westin St Martin
- Westin St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Westin
- Westin St Maarten Dawn Beach Resort & Spa