Stayed here 2nd week of Dec 2014 with my wife and young son. Booked as an exchange through interval. Had a great time. Room was spacious and clean. Housekeeping and towel service was great. Yes you have to be careful not to leave any crumbs or traces of food around or you will have ants. This is the carribean.
Pool is amazing as is well documented in previous reviews. Not sure I've ever seen a better view from a resort pool! Happy hour drinks are for real! Not a watered down premade mix. The bartenders make every drink from scratch and you get a legit 2 for 1 from 4 to 6 every day.
Nearby restaurants were quite good. Had excellent Carribean lobster at Daniels. La pavilion on the other side of oyster pond is a hidden gem although a bit pricey.
Yes the beach was full of seaweed and unfortunately was only usable for 2 of the days of our trip. We traveled all over the island and seaweed was everywhere. Also looked into it online to find there is currently an unusual seaweed phenomenon all over the carribean. Fortunately you feel like you are on the water while sitting at the pool which almost makes up for the poor beach conditions.
We did not have any problem with pressured timeshare sales. We simply declined the offer to the "complimentarty" breakfast as we know this routine. They left us alone.
The place is a bit of a hike from simpson bay or the french side but it is easy to rent a car right on the premises and was not too bad to get around. We rented a car for 3 of the seven days and foumd that to be just right. The resort itself is very melow overall which we liked. Guests and staff all seemed like great people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg