The good: The staff seem fairly diligent. The towel service was good. The pool area is beautiful. They really tried to keep the seaweed off of the beach.
The bad: Oh where to start? I was there on a honeymoon and we had to bug out of our room on at least two days. One day for a power outage that never materialized and the other day for an AC install. The power outage was poorly communicated; we found out less than 24hrs before the outage (fridge full of food) and it was not communicated that the lock on the door and the safe were battery powered (and thus not part of the outage). Second day was for an AC control install. This resulted in two AC controls in our room that beeped constantly during our last day in the room and the controls turned the bedroom into a very cold wind tunnel. Ordinarily, this would be bad but I was there for a honeymoon. I wanted privacy. Also, housekeeping was constantly knocking on our door AFTER they serviced the room. The minute my spouse got naked, there was housekeeping with two towels. We had further electrical issues; the breaker for the bathroom and bedroom kept getting tripped. This meant that we kept getting stranded in the shower in the dark and that we had to reset the alarm clock daily. Furthermore, we were charged for an energy fee of $7 PER DAY. They were charging us for power that cut out. Gee, thanks guys. Lastly, the pool area was constantly gate crashed by large groups of loud unruly children. The children were clearly not staying at the resort. I have no idea why management puts up with that. Once the kids showed up, I was out of there. I was there to relax not dodge kids.
I tried to contact a manager or an assistant manager twice, but never was able to reach someone. Great open door policy guys.
I think they had a lot of audacity trying to sell us a timeshare for $12,500. This price could, of course, have been financed at 15%. Oh what a deal!?!?!?!?
They talk a lot about the Oyster Bay family. I was there on a gifted timeshare from my inlaws so I guess I was not part of the family. I don't plan on paying to become part of the family. In fact I do not pay for family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg