“A bad stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Oyster Bay Beach Resort

You added Oyster Bay Beach Resort to your Saves list
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Emerald Merit Rd 10, Oyster Pond 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A bad stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The good: The staff seem fairly diligent. The towel service was good. The pool area is beautiful. They really tried to keep the seaweed off of the beach.

The bad: Oh where to start? I was there on a honeymoon and we had to bug out of our room on at least two days. One day for a power outage that never materialized and the other day for an AC install. The power outage was poorly communicated; we found out less than 24hrs before the outage (fridge full of food) and it was not communicated that the lock on the door and the safe were battery powered (and thus not part of the outage). Second day was for an AC control install. This resulted in two AC controls in our room that beeped constantly during our last day in the room and the controls turned the bedroom into a very cold wind tunnel. Ordinarily, this would be bad but I was there for a honeymoon. I wanted privacy. Also, housekeeping was constantly knocking on our door AFTER they serviced the room. The minute my spouse got naked, there was housekeeping with two towels. We had further electrical issues; the breaker for the bathroom and bedroom kept getting tripped. This meant that we kept getting stranded in the shower in the dark and that we had to reset the alarm clock daily. Furthermore, we were charged for an energy fee of $7 PER DAY. They were charging us for power that cut out. Gee, thanks guys. Lastly, the pool area was constantly gate crashed by large groups of loud unruly children. The children were clearly not staying at the resort. I have no idea why management puts up with that. Once the kids showed up, I was out of there. I was there to relax not dodge kids.

I tried to contact a manager or an assistant manager twice, but never was able to reach someone. Great open door policy guys.

I think they had a lot of audacity trying to sell us a timeshare for $12,500. This price could, of course, have been financed at 15%. Oh what a deal!?!?!?!?

They talk a lot about the Oyster Bay family. I was there on a gifted timeshare from my inlaws so I guess I was not part of the family. I don't plan on paying to become part of the family. In fact I do not pay for family.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
Melbourne, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

1. Roof leaked into smoke detector in second BR setting off alarm. Could not get repairs.
2. No hot water in second bath.
3. Kitchen stove not close to level and wobbled severely.
4. Faucet on sink in main bath not fastened to cabinet top.
5. Blinds in dinette had broken string.
6. Wood work damaged and painted over - very cheesy.
7. Surly concierges.
8. Hands in my pocket for every item. Tacked 15% "Service Charge" on restaurant bill then wanted more tip.
9. $51/wk for in room WiFi. Hot spot at bar very slow and could not get email from Brightouse Webmail.

Room Tip: Don't go.

Last month our family vacationed at Oyster Bay Beach Resort in St. Maarten,
my wife & I, our two children, their spouses and our three granddaughters, ( Ages 10, 9 & 7 ).
The resort was absolutely beautiful, featuring breathtaking views, great restaurants (Infinity & Beau Beau's), an infinity pool that the girls enjoyed everyday and the resort staff are the friendliest, professional and the most helpful people you could ever meet.
I had some apprehension, prior to the trip about being able to keep the grandkids entertained for a week. But, my concern quickly disappeared as the activities staff recommended boat trips, the zoo, the butterfly farm and snorkeling with the sea turtles, all minutes away from the resort.
Should you ever consider a Caribbean family vacation, I highly recommend Oyster Bay Beach Resort.
For us, it was truly a vacation of a lifetime.
Carmen & Fred Pestana

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a one week stay on a time share exchange and loved the experience. The facilities, area and atmosphere were excellent. The personnel on this resort work hard to project a truly "we care" attitude. The only area we did not enjoyed was Dawn Beach, that due that the recent weather had brought onshore an unusual amount of sea weed, but this was common on all eastern beaches of St. Martin, including Orient. Everyday the dozer was cleaning the weed, and three hours later it looked the same. Excellent, clean apartment. Full kitchen. Nice bed and bathroom, including a bidet that worked just fine. The cable signal a bit weak and in some channels the picture was a bit fuzzy. Restaurant were not truly fine dining outstanding but very competent overall, with reasonable pricing. Would return to this place and is recommended.

Room Tip: Get the ones facing the Ocean, the view is beautiful. The rooms away from Beaus will be quieter, bu...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great resort with just everything you would need for a fabulous vacation. This resort has it all. Fine dining, activities, great bars all within the complex and just down the road, a casino for the gambler in you. The activities desk, can book you on just about any type of excursion, be it scuba diving, touring the island in a schooner, whatever. I love this island, and I love this resort. Its removed from all the hustle just enough so if you wanted to get into the middle of it all, it would not be a hard thing to do. I keep coming back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

St Martin itself is a bit disappointing--away from the French side--somewhat dirty and crowded. The hotel is time-share focused--which makes it feel like one big sales-pitch. Food is mediocre. The bar is pretty good and the water aerobics instructor is great! The pool is good but not much beach. Registration is like a game of trying to guess what magic words to say to get a good room.

Room Tip: prepare to pay extra
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2nd time I have visited oyster bay and this place fails to disappoint. The rooms are clean, tidy and well equipped. My room faced the marina which was beautiful. The resort has a pool which was busy most days and the beach was equally close so plenty of choice where to spend your time. Locally there is a shop selling essentials and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Oyster Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!