“A wonderful place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oyster Bay Beach Resort

You added Oyster Bay Beach Resort to your Saves list
Oyster Bay Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Emerald Merit Rd 10, Oyster Pond 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Special Rate
CALL FOR BEST PRICE
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Oyster Pond
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oak Park, Illinois
“A wonderful place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This March will be our 15th consecutive year of going to Oyster Bay. We nervously purchased our first timeshare and have purchased three more weeks since that first week. The staff has been wonderful each year. Many have been working there since our first year. We greet them now as friends. We have had no negative experiences in all these years. We enjoy the multicultures and languages of the island, and the exceptional friendliness of permanent residents that we meet on the streets and and in the stores. There are some excellent artists and galleries that we visit each year and renew our acquaintance. We enjoy going in March each year. Grand Case has a Tuesday evening main street opportunity to see and purchase local arts and visit with the artists, eat food sold by vendors on the street and see a small, but very entertaining local parade with band at the end of the evening. The excellent restaurants are all open. Our favorite is Bistro Carribe. Our children and grandchildren love the island and the resort. We invite friends when our children are unable to come. The location on the small peninsula and on the border between the Dutch and French side is perfect.

Room Tip: In the Oceanside rooms you experience the wonderful breezes. We rarely use the AC because the breez...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just got back from a relaxing vacation at Oyster Bay--Beautiful Beach and Pool--Excellent restauraunts nearby...Its an older crowd here--no all night drunken parties to keep you awake..Went to Nearby Grand Case on French side to enjoy the party scene.. then came back to the Hotel for good's night rest. Lot of time share owners--they are very knowledgeable about the island and friendly..They are a great source of information on attractions and restaurants. Even though there was a lot of time share owners I didn't get asked or approached to buy one. Great 2 for 1 happy hour everyday--staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Get ocean front view rooms--it is definitely worth it--slept with balcony door open so we could hear...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

First, let me say this was our honeymoon and we expected so much more than this. So, we got there and the people were rude, we tried to over look it. We got to our room. We were supposed to have groceries already there, they weren't. Not a big deal til the guy that brought our stuff up and had to go get the groceries was very rude. He finally came back and had forgotten half of them. If he hadn't of been so rude i would not be so mad about that part. We were supposed to have an ocean front room, like i have seen others say, they refused to change our because they were sold out except for a smaller room with a view of construction. There were ants everywhere and bugs that bit us all night in the bedroom. The still refused to move our room. They said they would spray and we could deal with it or we could get the smaller room. They sprayed but it didn't work so we sprayed our own bug spray and that worked. My first review was entitled "worst honeymoon ever". I deleted it and rewrote my review after we had spoken to one of the timeshare people. He was nice, but he made me feel bad because of my review and he said he would talk to the rude people. Also he told us that my husbands parents timeshare didn't mean we would get a ocean front room. After reading other reviews I have trouble believing this. Also we booked very far in advance and requested an ocean front room. I have decided to rewrite again because our trip only got worse from there. On Wednesday we went to Orient beach and my husbands wallet and phone were stolen. I know they warn you of theft and it is partially our fault, the car rental which is the thrifty/dollar rental at the hotel they treated us like crap. They blamed us for the thieves damaging the car. We had to spend the evening trying to find the police then we had to spend part of it trying to explain what happened to a man that barely understood us and we barely understood him. Then we had to go get a new car because the thieves broke the door locks. People drive terrible here. We saw one guy back into a bicycle. Luckily he was going slow but he just kept on backing up and almost backed into us. We finally had a nice day when we went to the butterfly farm. Then it started raining so we spent the evening in but had a good supper at Beau Beau's. I have to say we enjoyed their food there and the staff there was excellent. Let's not forget about the speed bumps that are like the size of mountains which is probably what caused our next problem. When we finally got back to the hotel our transmission fell out. Luckily we were in the parking lot when it happened, but they acted like it's our fault and made us push the car up the hill. Also while we are doing this i see the rude guy from the first day walk by grimacing at us because we had to push the car. Then, we were supposed to get a free gift for going to the timeshare breakfast, we got our gift, but they didn't want to give it to us. It took forever to get it probably because we are newlyweds and have no money for a timeshare. Our honeymoon was a gift from his parents who already own a timeshare there. I think they realized quite early that we couldn't do it so they didn't want to give us our gift. But we didn't know this til we talked to the concierge. I will say they were nice. The front desk was not nice and the rental car guy was not nice. We took our 3rd car back to the rental place and they were so rude!!! They blamed us for everything that had happened to the cars. The best thing about this place is being there with my husband,
the pool which is where we spent most of our time, I have to give them credit for that because it is very nice with great views, the butterfly farm,
and The food at the hotel. For those who have said that they play favorites with timeshare owners, that is apparently not true unless the timeshare owners are frequently there. They seem to take good care of their returning guests, but they treat first time visitors horribly. Needless to say, I will never come back to Oyster Bay. We had a honeymoon to remember that sucked!!!! I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed December 2013
Ventnor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

best island . best respeople, and best ort on the island they will try to do every thing for you ,great beach's get wet beach bar lord shefeild sunset sail crew are great . coming for 10 year's now don't miss the plane landing's.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I did not experience any of the negativity some people posted. The room was small but clean and updated. There was maid service everyday so we always had fresh towels. Check-in was very easy and fast and I asked for a nice ocean view room and they were happy to give me the room I wanted. I went to the concierges a few times and they were friendly and made all the bookings for me and offered great suggestions. We rented a car and chose an area of the island to go to everyday so we really didn't get to use much of the resort. We ate at Beau Beau's the first night since we were starved and I thought the food was very good and priced fair. We also ate at Mr. Busby's located just up the beach and that was very good too and a fun spot.

We visited 21 beaches and our favorites were Maho/Mullet to watch the planes, Orient Bay (I believe there are actually 5 beaches) and Friars Bay. Dawn beach which the resort is on is also very nice. The East and Northern beach tend to be windy and large waves while the Southern beaches are calm.

We ate at many good restaurants in all areas and the standouts were Pineapple Pete's for Lobster Thermidor in Simpson Bay, they also had an attached sports bar which was very nice. Sunset Beach Bar at Maho Bay had good food and could watch the planes while enjoying a drink. At Friars Bay there was a nice French bistro but it was kinda pricey and in Grand Case a great cafe called Calmos with tables right on the beach. We also took the ferry to Pinel Island and had a fun day. The beach was great and the restaurant there was very nice.

We did go to Grand Marche for groceries for mostly breakfast food and lunches and the small kitchen area was nicely supplied. I would go back and stay at Oyster Bay again. I only gave it an average score because I did not get a chance to use many of the amenities.

Room Tip: We had room 2920 which had a very private balcony with awesome sunrises.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have returned numerous times because it allows me to recharge my batteries in a pampered environment surrounded by nature's beauty. There are activities for all ages and great people to make new friends with. Staff is caring and quickly attend to your specific needs. I highly recommend this place to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We just good back from a wonderful time at this great property. This is our third stay here and we are always treated like family. The staff is so wonderful!! Many fun times at the happy hour with great bar service. The maids should get special notice as they always do a great job!

We loved the redone rooms, bright and cheery with nice finishes in the kitchen and bath.
The location of this property is perfect to Dawn Beach and a short drive to Orient Beach. Will be back for sure!! Thanks!

Room Tip: Marina view rooms are less windy but they are doing some construction which didn't bother us.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Oyster Bay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!