In all fairness the resort could get a better rating because most of the staff were very helpful. However like with all resort there are a few that aren't very good at customer service and not helpful and only offer information when asked specifically. We traveled with our 15 mo old daughter and when we arrived they checked us in right away. The crib and high chair I requested was already there which was kudos for their coordination as when I called ahead they even took down my flight information. There were daily cleaning service and the resort doesn't nickel and dime you by providing free wi-if in common area, providing paper towels, dishing washing liquid in the room and providing beach chair and umbrella at the beach. The cons were that there is smoking allowed at the property so there are cigarettes butts everywhere and people constantly smoking around you. Which as a non-smoker and with a young toddler it's very unpleasant. The sand at the beach is the finest we have seen of the many beaches we have been to around the world but is littered with cigarette butts makes it unsightly. Many resorts we stay at have designated smoking areas. The rooms were a bit dated but sufficient with all condo amenities. The information packet provided in the rooms weren't really detailed/helpful. There is no in-room dining available so you have to pick up. The restaurant food was average. The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbor coming home each night or when they are watching a tv show. We stayed on the first floor and faced the marina and right below us is the parking lot so you hear a lot of car noises too.
Overall, this resort is not catered to families with young children. The shallow end of the pool is the only kid friendly thing it has going for it. The grocery store sells basic things which is nice but there is no fresh milk except for Lactaid, no Cheerios, don't think there's baby food but I didn't look. It has some diapers and wipes. So families should def rent a car bc the taxi ride to the large supermarket is 20 each way. Nevertheless the grocery store sold delicious baguettes, pastries and the staff is super nice. You can reserve your pastries in advance.
In short I think the resort has potential but def needs improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg