This resort has alot going for it - most notably the staff. I would definitely give them 5 stars. They treat you like family, as that is what many of the returning guests are. They provide lots of on-site activities for those not venturing far from home.
Which is a good thing, because unless you rent a car, you are not going anywhere without incurring the cost of a taxi - which isn't cheap. Friends asked me buy a wheel of cheese and a bottle of the local guava berry liquor ... the round trip taxi set me back $55 which was more than I paid for the purchases. I am embarrassed to ask my friends to compensate me for such a ridiculous expense.
Most of the rooms have been renovated and are lovely - unfortunately ours was not. If at all possible you want to be facing the water and not the marina; marina facing balconies get so hot (no breeze) that you cannot sit on them past about 11am.
We normally travel outside of Cancun and stay in an all-inclusive resort, so perhaps I am spoiled. I'm not sure if we will venture back to this island again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg