Just returned home from a 2 week time share exchange stay on St Maarten. Our first week we enjoyed the island at another resort. Our second week we chose Oyster Bay Resort for our wedding where we were married on Dawn Beach at the resort. The resort is nice and well maintained but the staff makes the resort GREAT (unlike the resort we stayed at the previous week). From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed. Edith and David at the Infinity Bar were awesome! If you are interested in a car rental see David at the on site car rental desk, he was awesome as well. Diane at Beau Beau's was also great. She was so kind to take the time to attend our wedding. Everywhere we went within the resort we received kind words and congrats on our wedding from the staff. At the end of the week, we felt as if we were family.
Our studio suite was upgraded to a spacious one bedroom. The room was very clean with great housekeeping service. The mattress was a little firm to our liking but the staff placed a mattress topper on it to make it better.
If you are planning a wedding on St Maarten, we would highly recommend Nadia of Prestige Dzyne (Prestigedzyne.com). She took care of all our needs. We just showed up!!!!
If you are shopping... Philipsburg is great. We went there on 3 occasions. We found going when the cruise ships were not at port we received better deals and not as crowded. With respect to jewelry we found you could negotiate the price to around 25-33% of the tag price.
If you travel to the French side of the island and love pastries Sarafina's located in the heart of Marigot market IS A MUST!!!!
Lastly, join in on the activities the staff at Oyster Bay have planned. Not only did we have a blast at the Farewell Party, we met some great new friends. We also won the drawing for a free one week trip back to Oyster Bay!!! You have to be present to win! Overall, what a great trip!
Thanks Oyster Bay Resort!!
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.