We stayed at the Oyster Bay resort and loved it. It was during low season so we never waited to be seated at the restaurants or to get a drink. Check in was simple. We were on the third floor with a balcony over looking the ocean. It was breath taking. The water is beautiful. It was a two bedroom time share. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spacious and nice, kitchen had everything you would need, nicely decorated and very comfortable. We had amazing service! Fresh towels and beach towels every day, beds made, clean kitchen and bath. When arrived one bedroom's air conditioner didn't work.....we called and it was fixed immediately. The pool is nice as well. The beach is shared with another resort but we always found a chair and the ocean was fun to body surf in. I would avoid the island bus tour through the resort at ALL COSTS! It was painful, a sales pitch to buy into their time share and Livingston (the tour guide )was shady. We did meet Jill and Robert who work there and they were very helpful! Ask for them if you want to know where to go on the island and what to do. There isn't much for entertainment on the resort.
We rented a car through the resort and it was CHEAP! I highly recommend renting a car. The island has much to see ....driving is easy and taxis are very expensive.
We LOVED Fryers Bay( not sure i spelled this right). It is a must. The beach is beautiful...water is calm and you can swim and walk in the clear sandy bottom ocean. Plan to eat at the little restaurant for lunch or dinner and you can have beach loungers for free. Other wise it is 20.00. This is on the French side. We went to phillipsburg to shop......be sure to leave when stores close at 6. Not a place to be at night! Don't miss Marigot where the fairies come into. They have pastry shops and stores galore. We went diving with Scuba Fun. It was nice because there were only a few on the boat.
The groceries are really expensive at the store on the resort.....go to the fresh market store....ask the desk for directions. Pizza place at oyster bay is awesome and the other places to eat were good too, don't miss out on the Guava Berry drink.....yum!
We also ate at an Italian restaurant just a short drive from resort called Neptunno. It was amazing! We sat on the deck looking out over the ocean with candlelight. The owner is very nice and makes the experience unforgettable ! Great romantic dinner! Hope this helps.....I highly recommend Oyster Bay and the island st. Marten located on the Dutch Side.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.