Recent trip to Oyster Bay Resort (second time) May 11-18. Check in was a real experience, lots of activity, passing of food over guests to staff at counter, noise and confusion. Assigned a room and ask if it was okay. I inquired, if other rooms were available and was told no the resort was booked full. I was ask again was the room okay. My reply was if you do not have anything else available then it will have to be okay. We proceeded to our room, building 17 room 1731 overlooking the marina. Our first impression of the room was it looked similar to the room from two years ago. AC in bedroom did not work, dryer would not turn on, dishwasher was new(Styrofoam-, packing still inside). However it was not attached to the cabinet so it would fall forward when loading. Electric range was old and insulation around over door was not attached. The tile floors were in need of a good washing to get them clean. Maintenance did repair the dryer and the AC. Walking around during the evening you could see many dark rooms. The resort was not full as told earlier The pool and beach areas were wonderful and the majority of the staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms in building 17 need a major up grade.
Never spoke to or saw a location manager. If someone had inspected our room they would have found the above problems before the room was assigned.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.