Booked on Travelocity, Wed.-Wed. 25 minute $25.taxi ride, Easy check in. Room was disappointing, small, crowded with a king size bed, dresser, 1 lamp, 1nightstand, 1 chair, small alcove overlooking roof, if you leaned out the window able to see a bit of the pool and water. Internet in room $10/day, free in common area. We were under the radar until our last day when the Sales staff found us. Did not know it was a Time Share facility, we had just booked a vacation but they wouldn't take no for an answer til we sat through the pitch. Otherwise, all the staff were WONDERFUL, the pool and beach fabulous, food good with several very close by restaurants. Shuttle to Grand Case on the French side for amazing food. Most of the other guests were Time Share owners and it is a very friendly atmosphere since most have become friends over the years, but we felt very welcomed and involved. Rented a car for a day at the rental in the lobby very easily. Disappointed with a snorkel/ mini tour trip to Anguilla booked through the resort. We were told to meet at McDonalds in Simpson Bay where business was conducted in a booth with a guy taking our credit card payment then walking a group of us across the street. After a boat ride to Anguilla we were to find a guy named Harry for a tour (consisted a look at a bay and a ride to the beach where we were dropped off, given some masks and snorkels, told we would get lunch and would be picked up at 3:30. At the end of the trip we were dropped at the ferry with no instructions and no sign of the boat we came on. Took the ferry back, dropped off at a totally different place than we started, were eventually given a bus ride back to the starting McDonalds where our taxi was nowhere in sight as we were so late. Caught a ride with another couple's taxi which had waited for them(going first to the other side of the island). Turns out we could have just taken a taxi to the Marigot Ferry and done the same thing ourselves for about half the price. Buyer beware.
That being said, St. Martin is a wonderful island and we had a great vacation and really enjoyed the Oyster Bay Beach Resort!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg