My family and I just returned from a week at OBBR. There were my sons, a wife, a girlfriend, my husband and me. I had traded a my time share for a studio room. Then I found that my son and his wife could join us so I bought a 1 br unit thru my time share. These were to be separate units. However, I contacted OBBR and asked if they could be combined into a two br unit. The resort did not promise me anything but when we arrived, they had upgraded our units and we had connecting units. From the time we arrived, everyone was very pleasant to us. We were greeted with snacks, a glass of champagne, and a bottle of wine. There were daily activities. My son's gf tie-dyed a shirt. My other son and his wife played and won at bingo. The manager's welcome party was very nice -- better than our home resort's. Drinks flowed freely and there was music, dancing and prizes.
Our room was on the first floor and was a refurbished unit -- granite counters and fresh tile bathbooms. The furniture is as on the web-site. It was clean and well maintained. Our unit was facing the ocean with a view of ST. Barth's. However, units facing the marina are also nice. The kitchen in the lock-off portion was very nice for a studio. It had a small refrigerator, dishwasher, a convection/microwave oven and cook-top. All-in-all, the combined unit was very nice and comfortable for the 6 of us.
Other posters have commented on a seaweed problem at Dawn Beach. We did NOT experience this. However, it was windy and therefore, fairly rough.
Food at Infinity -the on-site restaurant - was good and reasonably priced for a resort. There is a breakfast place down the beach from the resort. We ate at Mr. Busby's when we didn't want the breakfast buffet at Infinity. However, prices for breakfast other than the buffet was comparable to Mr. Busby's.
We had two dinners at Infinity. On the first, our order did not get enterred into the computer and therefore was very slow. Management came over and comped our dinner! The crusted grouper was excellent.
I would definitely return to OBBR. One down-side was the comfort of the pull-out couch. Management did bring us a second mattress to put on top of the first but it was still not comfortable according to my son.
Others have commented on mosquitoes. We brought bug spray but forgot to use it. DON"T forget!! We were eaten alive. Not the resort'f fault.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.