Bought a week's timeshare at a charity auction (Camp Good Days, please support!) and believe we were one of the last flights to make it onto the island before they shut the airport down. It was our first visit to the resort and St. Maarten, so neither of us knew what to expect.
Resort staff were very accomodating right from first point of contact. Free rum punch was flowing in lobby while guests were checked in, accomodations for activities throughout the week was pointed out to us (both on resort and off) and then we finally checked into our ocean front, ground floor one bedroom condo.
Very spacious, clean and stocked with all kitchen/dining tools of the trade. Then the storm hit! Waves crashing up over the retaining wall, vertical rain....slight flooding in living room from patio doors but nothing more severe that a couple of strategically placed towels coudn't fix. With weather like that, there wasn't much point in driving off resort to explore the rest of the island (we rented a car, which was great for later in the week) so we spent the first three days pretty much on resort. Multiple dining options (two restaurants on resort, three right off resort, plus mini-mart to buy and serve your own mini-meals in your condo), as well as daily activities (mostly involving drinking) on resort, kept us busy for the first couple days.
Once storm passed, car rental took us to the rest of the island (though first timers could be very content staying on resort only for 5-7 day visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg