Loved St. Maarten and will definitely return. Stayed at Oyster Bay in an Ocean View Studio Suite. It was reasonably priced but then we were just before prime time (Nov 3-Nov 10). Nicely appointed room, good room service (put your door tag out early or room may not be cleaned until late pm). Lacked for nothing (even a blender for own smoothies) + a superb view! Staff were all friendly. Nice infinity pool. Hot tub could have been renamed a "luke warm" tub.
Dining was terrific with both good food and prompt, pleasant service. Nice blend of fine dining to more authentic local cuisine. All restaurants were an easy walk from the lobby area. Small grocery store a 5 min walk away.
The WiFi in the lobby area was fine for our purposes and it was nice you could print your boarding passes from the lobby PCs.
Be prepared for what we felt were excessive additional fees. This added an additional whopping 20% to the room cost (service charge @ 15% and Govt tax @ 5%). This must have been in the very fine print. At least no "BS" government extortion "exit" taxes as in many other countries! Want to get home? Pay us first!
We're not looking for a time share and wanted to stay off their radar (still got stuck in the Westin offering though). We decided to avoid the morning "get acquainted" meeting and just did our own thing. Rented a car and got to see much of the island.
The only things we really longed for (listening OBBR?), was some nice entertainment. The pool side "local" music was repetitive and for the most part not appropriate for the guest demographics. Also, a piano bar and some night time fun would have been nice. A pool table would also be a bonus but they would probably have to put this in the time share "closing" room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just south of the amicable French/Dutch divide, Oyster Bay Beach Resort awaits. Perched on a coral reef overlooking the Caribbean ocean and Oyster Pond Marina is paradise found. With breathtaking ocean views, white sand beach and countless amenities Oyster Bay Beach Resort and its sister properties, Mainsail, Spinnaker and the Lighthouse serve as your escape from the every day. Find adventure, serenity and the fullness of life at our island resort. Make Oyster Bay your next stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oyster Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oyster Bay Beach Hotel Oyster Pond
- Oyster Bay Beach Philipsburg