“Great spot with good food and warm service.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean, International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
New York, NY
“Great spot with good food and warm service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant and thought the staff was warm, the food good, and the ambience lovely, particularly outside. They had good choices on the menu, and a lively atmosphere. The service could be a little slow, but nothing worthy of a complaint. Would recommend it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Essex, Connecticut
“Great New Restaurant in Dawn Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My family was dined at Canoa our last night in St. Martin. We had a "tentative" reservation from the night before because the restaurant was completely booked Christmas week. The hostess worked us into the schedule when we arrived and the service and food was very good. The atmosphere was upscale casual for the Caribbean. Canoa is now on our list of one of the four restaurants that we'll dine at when we are at Oyster Bay. The other three are Big Fish, Daniel's by the Sea and L'Oasis (just over the border on the French side). All very close to the resort each with a slightly different atmosphere and menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Bern, North Carolina
“A Must Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We just happened to hit this restaurant by chance. What great luck. The food was fantastic especially the fish. If you want good seafood, this is the place to go. Service was a little slow but we remembered we were on vacation and enjoyed ourselves.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“Think again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hostess was a delightful person who was attentive to our needs. A part from that, this place is insanely sub par, especially for the price. Here goes: I ordered virgin daiquiri (I know I know) but this is why it sucked. The bartender poured artificial mango concentrate into a blender with some ice and served it up for $10. Remember this has no booze in it. Needless to say it was disgusting and overpriced. My over-sugared gut should have known right then to bounce, but alas. After inattentive service (it took 15 minutes for the server to take our order) my girlfriend and I both ordered mahi mahi with lemongrass sauce and decided to split the green salad. The salad was almost passable if it weren't for the dressing which was out of some plastic pouch for sure. The mahi mahi was literally inedible. The lemongrass sauce tasted like nothing at all, just a generic probably out of a pouch sauce as well. Despite what this review would lead you to believe, neither my girlfriend or I are complainers. I never send my food back, ever. In fact I didn't plan on it this time, but after my girlfriend stopped eating her fish because it had the consistency of rubber, then after much debate asked the waitress for a new dish. The waitress kind of put it back on her saying mahi is a tough fish. It should be
Meaty yes, tough no especially for $30 an entree! The hostess then came over with genuine concern shortly after and asked me if I would like to change mine as well which I did. We both got the snapper and truth be told, it did not taste like snapper, nor was it good, but we both ate it so we could get out of there. We had nothing taken off our bill and both felt that we had been pretty much robbed of our time and money. I will make another plug for our hostess who did everything she could (with the exception of not charging us for at least one of those horrible dishes). Travelers, locals, do yourselves a favor, head to the French side where a couple miles is literally a world away culinarily speaking. I recommend Jam Rock. Totally low key but high quality Jamaican food with a French flair. Much much cheaper and oh so much better.

“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

When the weather is good, eat outside by the marina. Food is very good, but the blackened fish needs better spices; a bit too bland for my taste.

Visited December 2013