Booked a 2 bed, 2 bath room, for a week in July. Check-in was smooth, but access to the parking lot was a bit convoluted, as it involved a gate to drive through. We were in the new building with the elevator. Rooms were huge. Very generous on the square footage, larger than our house. Everything inside was well-,maintained, and daily housekeeping was great too. Kitchens were moderately equipped, and the dishwasher was great. Some kitchen items are getting worn and could be replaced (pans, etc...) but we didn't mind.
1.) Pool are was only ok. Nothing fancy, would have been nicer to have some better landscaping around it. It was also quite a hoke to access it. It involved a lot of stairs, and walking.
2.) Fitness facilities could be better. Never used it as the temperature didn't seem to be regulated in there, and I wish it had a treadmill.
3.) Seemed like a sketchy area. Not much night-time traffic around there, didn't really feel safe out at night. On the flip side, it's very quiet if you want a peace and relaxation.
4.) Lots of driving. Not a lot in the area either.
The Great Things:
1.) The staff. Super helpful in making arrangements for activities, giving directions, or recommending restaurants.
2.) The view was amazing. You could see St. Barth's, Dawn Beach, etc...
3.) Everything else, including the rooms. The value for the dollar was phenomenal.
This is a condo-hotel, though I didn't see anyone ever trying to sell us anything.
Bottom line: I wouldn't hesitate about staying here again; but only if I had a car. When I go back to SXM, I might stay elsewhere, just to better explore the island, but Princess Heights would be on my short list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside overlooking dawn beach and recently awarded 2014 Tripadvisor's Excellence Award (fourth in a row), this affordable Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel offers Studios, One & Two bedroom Suites with fully equipped gourmet kitchens and balconies with majestic ocean views. On site hotel amenities include a freshwater pool, free internet, free parking, free daily newspaper, daily maid service, gym room and concierge service. Additional services include: Car rental, Cell phone rental, Beach chair & umbrella rental. 5 Restaurants close by. It's 10 min to Philipsburg, 15 min to Orient Bay and a 4-minute walk to Dawn Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Princess Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Heights Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Princess Heights St Maarten Martin