We stayed here Jan 2013 after reading all the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel itself is average at best. You MUST have a car if you stay here. The location is terrible. It is at least a 20 minutes drive away from anything (and that's if there is no traffic). Be prepared to drive at least 1.5 hours a day.
The rooms are supposed to be ocean view but our room view was basically of the westin's roof. The hotel was deserted during our stay (supposedly high season) so I suspect we had one of the better rooms at this hotel.
If you want to stay somewhere out of the way, there is the Westin just a couple of minutes from this hotel which is a far better option. Staying at Princess, you can use the Westin beach but you can't use their beach chairs. The Princess allows you to rent chairs but then you have to carry it a 20 minute walk to the beach.
On the third day of our stay we wanted to drive out but there was a construction crew blocking the entire road. The hotel management told us to wait by the driveway and someone will come and show us another way to get out. After 20 minutes, no one showed up so we had to follow a local taxi out.
I suspect most of the people writing positive reviews here own condos in this resort so they obviously have an interest in having you stay here. Here's my advice, DON'T, there are far better options on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside overlooking dawn beach and recently awarded 2014 Tripadvisor's Excellence Award (fourth in a row), this affordable Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel offers Studios, One & Two bedroom Suites with fully equipped gourmet kitchens and balconies with majestic ocean views. On site hotel amenities include a freshwater pool, free internet, free parking, free daily newspaper, daily maid service, gym room and concierge service. Additional services include: Car rental, Cell phone rental, Beach chair & umbrella rental. 5 Restaurants close by. It's 10 min to Philipsburg, 15 min to Orient Bay and a 4-minute walk to Dawn Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Heights Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Princess Heights St Maarten Martin