This was our first trip to St. Martin and the Caribbean. We chose Princess Heights since we wanted an apartment and not a standard hotel room, we were not interested in an all-inclusive resort, and wanted to be away from the "strip" of Simpson Bay. We rented a one-bedroom condo for a week, and really enjoyed our stay. The views of the ocean and the surrounding area were beautiful, and the apartment itself was clean, well-appointed and very comfortable. The staff were all very gracious and extremely friendly; when we arrived, they accompanied us to our room, showed us around, arranged for a rental car, and told us where the nearest grocery store and restaurants were. There was a binder in the room that described the major beaches and restaurants in the area, which really helped us for the first few days, and they gave us a map to help us navigate our way around the island. The building was located a bit further up from the beach that we had anticipated, and for that reason, a rental car is a must if you are staying here. In fact, you should rent a car anyway, since it's the best way to get around the island and explore. The roads are quite easy to navigate and the locals will gladly point you in the right direction if you do get lost. The room was cleaned and linens and beach towels were replaced every day. They obviously take pride in their property, and guests are warmly treated. We were mildly disappointed that there was no wireless in the rooms, only in the main office, but we have since been told that there are plans to have wireless access in the rooms soon. They did give us an internet cable, but our new laptop didn't have a plug for a cable. In the end, it didn't matter..why would you want to be on your computer when you have beaches and restaurants to explore! And all guests are welcome to use a laptop in the main office to keep in touch with people back home. Highly recommended if you want an elegant, quiet and comfortable apartment with a kitchen so you can cook breakfast and enjoy it on your balcony, and very friendly and accommodating hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside overlooking dawn beach and recently awarded 2014 Tripadvisor's Excellence Award (fourth in a row), this affordable Luxury Boutique Condo Hotel offers Studios, One & Two bedroom Suites with fully equipped gourmet kitchens and balconies with majestic ocean views. On site hotel amenities include a freshwater pool, free internet, free parking, free daily newspaper, daily maid service, gym room and concierge service. Additional services include: Car rental, Cell phone rental, Beach chair & umbrella rental. 5 Restaurants close by. It's 10 min to Philipsburg, 15 min to Orient Bay and a 4-minute walk to Dawn Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Princess Heights Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Heights Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Princess Heights St Maarten Martin