I went to this resort as part of a group of underwater photographers for a 10 day workshop. The condominium I stayed in with my buddy was excellent- clean, modern, comfortable and well-equipped. The only criticism I would have is that it would have been useful to have some instructions for the kitchen appliances, especially the oven! It was a two bedroom, two bathroom ground floor condo, with a big terrace that had steps onto the beach and only yards from the sea.
For divers, this is ideal. The Ocean Frontiers team was outstanding- attentive, efficient, fun and thoroughly professional. The facilities were perfect, and the dive shop stocked all the essentials you might need. For U/W photographers, specialist support was also available. Thanks to TJ, Mark, Tilley, Ellie, Colin, Matt, Kevin, Chris and Britney for making our trip memorable.
For the non-diver, there is little to do other than to lie back, soak up the rays and relax. You will need a hire car to get around as the East End is a fair distance from the thriving heart of the island. Even though food is not cheap, I would advocate self catering as eating out is really expensive- the most expensive (and not impressive) burgers I have ever had.
- Also Known As:
- Compass Point Dive Hotel
- Compass Point Dive Hotel East End
- Compass Point Dive Resort Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LAID BACK LUXURY....Located on the untouched, pristine East End of the Island. Situated approximately 21 miles East from Grand Cayman's international airport and approximately 1 mile past the sleepy village of East End.Compass Point Dive Resort Compromises of 28 luxurious one, two and three bedroom oceanfront and poolside condominiums, each with their own private patio or balcony. Each condominium is beautifully appointed with stylish island decor and fully equipped with all of the comforts of home. New in 2013, Eagle Ray's Bar & Grill, dockside overlooking the Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Compass Point Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.