“Fantastic place to get away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Reef Resort

You added Wyndham Reef Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Reef Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Queens Highway, PO Box 30865 | Colliers, East End KY1-1204, Grand Cayman (Formerly The Reef Resort, A Wyndham Affiliate)   |
Special Price
Summer Only In Cayman
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East End
Elmhurst, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic place to get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This place exceeded our expectations. Clean, bright rooms with all the amenities you would need! The hotel staff was there to answer any and all questions we had and were professional and delightful! The food was amazing as well. First class service all the way. My husband, daughter and son-in-law did the all-inclusive and it was by far the best deal around. You can snorkel right off the beach, clean well maintained pools and the view were all the die for! Rent a car if you can. We stayed away from the tourists (this hotel is on the east side) and we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

Room Tip: Ask for a view! All rooms were quiet!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

my husband and i just returned from an amazing week on grand cayman. our stay at the reef resort was fantastic. we did the all-inclusive deal which was definitely the right way to go for us! the food and drinks tend to be fairly expensive (it is everywhere on the island) and we felt like we got our money's worth. the resort is well kept and our room was spotless. every room faces the ocean and our room even had murphy beds that folded out and we were able to nap on one with the patio door open each afternoon. it was amazing! there is great live music most evenings and there is lots of snorkelling to do right in front of the resort. save your toast or hash browns from breakfast and go feed the fish on the dock. it is a really great spot! we rented a car which was great because it's a 40 min drive from georgetown and it let us really explore the island.

Middletown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay, and would go back again. To fall asleep to the ocean is wonderful.
It is so quiet and yet very convenient location , walking distance just about a cross the street is everything to get comfortable.... Especially with a unit with kitchens. There is a grocery and liquor store and Italian restaurant. Driving on island is easy and so many Excellent restaurants. Good food.

Room Tip: They are all Perfect.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cayman Brac
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My cousins and I decided to stay at The Reef on News Years Eve. A great experience, clean and spacious units. Good customer service and helpful staff. Cant wait for another weekend staycation at the Reef.

Room Tip: Ocean front units are breathtaking!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked the two bedroom villas for two couples (it can sleep 6). The rooms are spacious and have a full kitchen plus two full baths. The views are absolutely the best on the Island -- we are coming back next year. The staff are very friendly and the water sports activities can't be beat. We did the sunrise Stingray City snorkel tour and the Jet-Ski Snorkel adventure. We also fished a half day with Capt Herman who then came to our room and prepared a great Caymanian dish. There is a full grocery store and liquor store across the street and a nice Italian restaurant right near by. We had a car so we tended to visit other restaurants than our hotel. I think there is enough to do without a car (and a few restaurants offer free shuttle service) but it is definitely nice to have if you really want to see the island. We liked the vanishing pool at the Morritt's hotel next door better but still think the Reef is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: Every room have the same view. We like 1st or 2nd floor so we don't have to deal with lots of s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at The Reef at the end of Sept 2012 on my brother's timeshare. I love using my brother's timeshares as it has allowed me to go to many locations - Hawaii, St Marteen, etc. But gotta say this was my favorite vacation of all because it was so peaceful and quiet! I am a female who visited The Reef by myself and felt very safe! I did not have a car but that wasn't a problem for me as 'sight seeing' wasn't on my agenda, I just wanted to lay on the beach and relax. I ate at Tucci on Wednesday night and had 'Walkabout Wednesday' - fantastic! The owner picked me up and there I met a nice couple who offered to give me a ride down the street back to the resort and they were also staying at The Reef.
I bought staples across the street at the grocery store and some liquor. I met so many fantastic people at the resort who recommended to purchase alcohol at the duty free shop next time or bring my own as the alcohol is pricey. The groceries seemed reasonable.
The staff was attentive and supportive and kept an eye on me since I was traveling alone. But I never felt alone or scared at all!
Ground floor is the absolute way to go. My dream vacation is to have a room where I open the door, step out on my patio, step out on the sand and walk a few feet to the water - this was my dream! No fancy lobby's, no fancy/upscale rooms - just a great, comfortable room on the beach that I can sweep out the sand every day and not feel like I am messing the room up with 'the beach effects'.
Took the bus to town one day and did a little jewelry shopping along with a very nice lunch. I never made it to Seven Mile Beach but I don't feel like I missed anything.
If you want to de-stress, hear the ocean at night from your open door, and are not interested in the night life/party scene, then this is the place for you!
I loved this resort so much I'm coming back again mid 2013, I already have my reservation. Maybe I will hit Seven Mile Beach this time - but then again, I'll play it by ear . . . . my kind of dream vacation!

Room Tip: If you want direct beach access, stay on the ground floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newport News
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I just finished a 5 day stay at the Reef. It was truly a vacation to remember. The room was clean and comfortable with a breathtaking view of the water. The staff was friendly and really worked hard to make our visit ideal. The food was delicious with a nice variety of entrees. There's nothing better than the Reef French toast on the beach! :)

The concierge Cathy really went out of her way to make the trip enjoyable. Her local knowledge and connections were right on target. She has real enthusiasm for her work, and it's obvious she wants every one to have a good time. Look her up if you stay there; she knows her stuff!

If considering a trip to Grand Cayman, stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Reef Resort? Share your experiences!