“Awesome cooking class in Cape Town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 462 Activities in Cape Town
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
Austin, Texas
“Awesome cooking class in Cape Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I like to take a cooking class whenever I travel somewhere, and Gamidah's might be my favorite ever. Even though I was traveling alone and didn't have many days left in my trip, she accommodated me and taught me how to cook several dishes I've already made for friends and family back home. She is so warm and welcoming, I left feeling like I had made a new friend. And of course, the food was incredible. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Visited November 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“An awesome anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We visited Gamidah on our ten year anniversary and really loved spending time with her and learning more about Malay food. The food was delicious - her company was wonderful too. We were both vegetarian and there were plenty of options for us. I would highly recommend it.

Visited November 2013
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Cookery class in Cape Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My friend Morag and I attended Gamidah's cape Malay cookery class when we visited Cape Town in October. The class takes place in her home in the historical Bo- Kaap quarter. It started with Gamidah taking us to the spice shop across the road from her home, which in itself is a wonderful experience, so many spices. it has been servicing Cape Town for many years. Gamidah also told us about her house and the area's history. The cookery class was both educational and fun....I do believe I can now make samosas that aren't soggy:-) I learned a lot and enjoyed what we made as well as the company. I have also found away of desires sing, just make roti..... Gamidah is very friendly and makes you very welcome in her home. Thank you for a great experience love Morag and Elizabeth.

Cape Town
“Awesome experience! worth your time and money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This cooking class was great - she was very flexible and accommodating from the beginning. I had a group of people with me, and she was willing to find time that worked the best for us (we actually ended up doing the class the night before her birthday). The class itself was very informative and fun - you get to make your own food (but don't expect to make EVERYTHING from the scratch as it will take forever. For an instance, mince filling for your samosa will have been prepared by her; but you get recipe for everything), which is fun. The food is also amazing. You are provided with the recipes after you are done, which is great. All the foods are fairly easy to make, so you can definitely make good use out of them; lastly, the spice shop right across from her house has everything that you'll need to use for these recipes, which is a plus.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I attended Gamidah's cooking class on 21st Oct 2013.
It was just an amazing experience.
The recipe was easy to follow but still hands on and really tasty!
Gamidah made us all welcome and explained her culture and backgroud in very friendly manner.
For a person who love cooking and attended many cooking classes, it was one of the best experience! I highly recommend it to anyone who is coming to Cape town!
Thanks Gamidah!