“great location, atmosphere decor & staff BUT PRICEY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knife

Knife
Crystal Towers Hotel & Spa, c/o Century | Blvd and Rialto Rd, Century City, South Africa
+27(0)21551 5000
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #477 of 1,589 Restaurants in Cape Town
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“great location, atmosphere decor & staff BUT PRICEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

always a pleasure visiting Knife - whether it is a planned dinner or spur of the moment visit like it was with my parents. staff are always pleasant and well trained. my father throughly enjoyed his steak as did my mom and I with our seafood platter for two. great local wine as well!

only gripe - seafood platter for two was R260 and for that amount I was expecting a large portion and bit of a variety of seafood. the food was definately tasty and perfectly cooked however I do not feel that the price matched the experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Perfect Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was recently in Cape Town ( again! ) & decided to try this restaurant on a Sunday, well, it was not a mistake! We had the best steak in town, melt in the mouth pepper steak, absolutely divine! The place was very noisy being a family day but that did not make us loose our appetites! We washed it down with a perfect rose & finished off with an excellent creamy cuppachino, all worth the small sum that we paid! Our waitron was very professional, polite & efficient & we said we will definitely be back in the near future!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town
“I'll have the ribs...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went for dinner with a friend who was on her way back to Germany and we both had the baby back ribs, done in a BBQ sauce... If I remember correctly the ribs were served with chips and corn on the cob. Ribs were very nice and the BBQ sauce very yum! And you get kitted out with a plastic bib prior to the ribs being served. And trust me, the bib is needed! Dessert was a slice of key lime pie, which was spot on...

Getting to the restaurant is pretty easy. There's parking outside the restaurant or if needed there is underground parking, with designated disabled parking bays, easy access to the lifts and then into the restaurant. We sat outside on the patio area due to the fact that there are only booth type seating on the ground level (which for me is a bit unfortable) and then 1 step up to where there are pull out table and chairs...

The hotel has a very nice wheelchair accessible toilet.

• Visited February 2012