“Colossal Goloso.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cape Town, South Africa
“Colossal Goloso.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Despite a few dubious attitudes at this tiny restaurant, things were immediately improved with the good, well-mannered service and a relaxed, homey feel to the small place. After an amazing meal of what could be some of Cape Town's best Italian food, we left knowing that'd we come back in no time at all, hungry for more.

Salt Lake City
“Fantastic Dinner and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I stumbled in here because we couldn't get reservations across the street at the upscale French place--let me tell you, I'm glad we couldn't. The owner met us when we entered and took us to a table. He was extremely friendly, funny, and a great host. There were several small groups eating, and he was attentive to all, sharing stories, and making sure we were entertained. We ordered a couple small pizzas and they were both fantastic! The service was speedy, the meal tasted awesome, and it was just a real enjoyable meal. If I ever make it back to Cape Town, this is one place I will stop by again!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blantyre, Blantyre, Malawi
“Almost no food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went here planning to have lunch whilst in the Sea Point area, but when my husband and I arrived the man in charge told us that only two menu items were available. He said that due to high volumes on previous evenings that was all they were able to serve. I found this to be utterly ridiculous and unprofessional. If you can only serve two items, why even open the restaurant!

Visited January 2014
Moscow, Russia
“My Favorite place in Sea Point! Real Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I would highly recommend Goloso to anyone! Goloso was my favourite place while staying in Cape Town. It's delicious Italian food for a great price. Their breakfasts are perfect, they make proper cappuccino, for the diner their beef lasagne and gnocci are superb. There is warm atmosphere, great food and the service is very professional.
Alessandra, you are the best!
We will definitely go back to Goloso!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Replay to NATO SA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

For principal, I do not discuss what the customers write about my restaurant, but for NATO SA I feel that I have to reply.
I remembered very well the phone call that I received from NATO SA. At the beginning g I was surprised and also scared that the salmon was off, as he told me. Indeed the pasta was made with smoked salmon that I bought that real day. I checked the expiration date and it was far away. but i truly apologized and I asked the gentleman what I could do for him. And he asked to me to have a pizza on the house in a week time. But because he disliked my pasta, I replayed that I preferred that he would have again a pasta on the house (my mistake!!), He became angry and angry and he refused to listen to me, when I said that for me it was ok if he wanted a pizza instead of pasta.....and he closed the phone call suddenly in a very rude way. I am Italian and I do not speak a good English and sometime I struggle to understand at the phone.
I am writing this only for the sake of the truth and not to be polemic. I would like that mister NATO SA will come to my restaurant for a dinner (of course on the house) and for a pasta or a pizza as he want to.

• Visited November 2013