“Lion World Tours-Kenya” 5 of 5 stars

Corinth, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Lion World Tours-Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

What an experience! What we saw was like living National Geographic. Lion World provided all 5 star lodges, Serena properties, food, and service through Liberty Travel in Kenya. Our driver, Paul, was knowledgeable, patient, and always was on time to give us the best experience. We literally saw thousands of animals, many were up close and personal. Paul knew how to find them. We traveled many rough roads so if you have bad backs, it might be a little difficult. The countryside is interesting and we really enjoyed seeing the native people in their habitats. You would miss this if you were flying from one lodge to another. We felt safe as there is security and fences around all the lodge areas. Our days were spent in the vans so don't think you are going to hang out at a resort. This was not the purpose of this trip. The purpose was to see as much of Kenya and the animals as you could in 6 days. We did and we feel our money was well spent. Thank you, Lion World and Liberty Travel.

Visited May 2012

Greenwich, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“top level, high class travel package for low cost! What a deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

We are very thankful for all André Steynberg's help and coordination of this great package thru Lion World Tours.

In January 2012 my mom, aunt and I took a trip of a lifetime to South Africa.

We all agree that it was a top level, high class travel package. We feel so thankful for the great value which Lion World Tours offered and executed so well from Travel Zoo. The two Legacy Hotels (The Commodore Hotel in Cape Town and the Bakubung Bush Lodge in Pilanesburg) were stellar!

The carefree days in Cape Town were sunny and warm around 28 degrees Celsius and were most full and rewarding. The down time, (when we were not doing a Lion World Tour itinerary item), we filled with our own little trips to Kirstenbosh Gardens, Robben Island, The Two Oceans Aquarium and shopping and dining the V&A Waterfront. The travel desk at the Commodore Hotel had an outstanding employee, Pia. She helped us arrange this day trips.

Some Highlights for us where:
• Commodore Hotel Location, walking distance to the waterfront so we could be creative with the down town and evenings
• My fair Cape tour to see the Penguins at Boulders Beach, Southern Light House and Cape of Good Hope Beaches (with the option which added on a boat ride to Seal Island, and Lunch near Simonstown) were fantastic!
• We love the Cheese and Wine Tasting & Tour at Fairview Vineyards in Stellanbosh / Paarl at http://www.fairview.co.za/
• We enjoyed the morning Table Mountain Cable Car Ride
• The Game Drives from Bakubung Bush Lodge into Pilanesburg Park were great. The guides they had were very knowledgeable and safe. We had one Guide from Bakubung: Peter, which even changed a flat time while on the game drive with efficiency and ease. We saw Rhino, Elephant, Giraffe, Zebra, Gnu, blue wildebeest, snake, chameleon, impala and monkeys. We heard lions roaring, but never made a visual contact.
• We loved the Bakubung Bush Lodge and were so glad we did not stay at Sun City (after we spent a few hours there looking around. It’s too man made for our taste and a little bit like Las Vegas)
• South African Airways – Wow what an airline! Smooth flights, always arriving early into the airports, lots of food, water and movies/TV shows. Free beer & wine, socks, toothbrush, eyeshade, pillows, and blankets! We think it is the best airline we’ve flown!

And finally, to end our trip, we have enclosed a picture of us when we were fortunate enough to do the hot air balloon ride over Pilanesburg National Park thru Air trackers / Game trackers.

All the Thompson Tour representatives were prompt, professional, kind and fantastic. Again, thank you for all your and their help. We are extremely satisfied and can’t wait to use Lion World Tours / Thompson’s Tours in the future!

Best Regards,
The "P" family from Connnecticut

Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
“Fantastic trip to Capetown & Lion Sands Resort (Kruger National Park)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The Lion Tours package to Capetown and Lion Sands Resort outside of Kruger was incredible. First class accomodations, service and safaris. The highlight was all of the animals - we saw the Big 5 and more. Quality time was spent observing the animals, with a lifetime of memories and pictures. The Capetown hotel and Lion Sands lodges were fantastic, and service at each was 5-Star!

Visited November 2011
8 attraction reviews
“This tour company offers first class service all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

As a lone traveller and first time visitor to South Africa, I could not wish for a better company to use. Their Canadian consultant Doreen is an ex-pat Zimbabwean. She was wonderful and patient with all my questions. And although I took their South Africa in Style tour, I added Victoria Falls and the accommodations were 5Star all the way. The guides who are mostly with their local agency Thompson Touring, so knowledgeable, pleasant and accommodating in every way. Highly recommend them and would book any African travel with them again!

Rocklin, California
“Once in a lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I decided to plan a trip to South Africa. I spent weeks piecing it together on my own and quickly realized that it was not going to be cheap. Between the flights to South Africa, flights within the country, airport transfers, and hotels, I started to worry that we might not be able to afford it. I stumbled across Lion World Tours online one day and sent a request for more information. I was contacted within a day by André Steynberg with Lion World Tours and instantly liked him. The package they offered was close to what we wanted, but we wanted some extra time in Cape Town and didn't want some of the tours included in the package. André was fantastic and made all of the changes we wanted while still staying at the budget we requested. The total price of the package, which included flights from a location outside of where the package specified, airport transfers, most meals, 5 star hotels, game drives, etc... was significantly lower than what I had been able to find on my own and the lodging was way nicer! I constantly e-mailed André with questions all the way up until our departure date and he always responded promptly and never got annoyed.

The actual trip was incredible and all of the pieces arranged by Lion World Tours went flawlessly. Every airport transfer was on time, every flight was confirmed, every reservation was outstanding. Our package include the Twelve Apostles Hotel in Cape Town and Jackalberry Lodge in the Thornybush Private Game Reserve. Both are 5 star resorts that lived up to their ratings and when we checked in there was always a hand-written card from Lion World Tours welcoming us.

It was so nice not to worry about confirming every last detail of our trip and knowing that André and Lion World Tours had it covered. I would highly recommend booking a package through them! My husband and I have already been back on their website trying to decide where our next adventure with Lion World Tours will take us!

Visited November 2011