I recently returned from a week at the Hacienda (hi bunbun81!!!), and can attest to the reviews being accurate.
This is a gorgeous property in a remote region, with an incredible view - especially from the pool. Well maintained and chic, the casitas are clean, comfortable, and private. Having traveled in the hottest, driest month (April), the vegetation was a bit brown but then, the weather was absolutely perfect. Hot during the day - did I mention the spectacular pool?? - and a pleasant temperature in the evening (I needed no AC). Always a breeze, zero mosquitoes. Not a hint of rain.
The owner Luis takes great effort to ensure guests are well taken care of. The staff are lovely - Ariel was especially hospitable - and do all they can to meet your needs. Expect a personalized experience, count on being pampered.
I was a solo female traveler and felt absolutely safe and comfortable at all times at the hotel and in my daily excursions. Luis really was an impeccable host and went above and beyond on numerous occasions.
Tip: bunbun81's report on the driving situation is accurate. I arrived in Nicaragua at night and didn't feel comfortable renting a car. I wish I had scheduled my flight differently so as to arrive in the daytime and rent a vehicle. The remoteness of the resort was fantastic, and just what I needed to relax, but there are also many sights and activities that are within pleasant driving distance. I relied on the host Luis for transportation but will consider renting a 4x4 next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment or adventure hike through the 60 acre grounds of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe