You have found it: the peace and beauty of an unspoilt tropical destination and the perfect place to stay to enjoy it. Here is a magical land of water, forest and volcanos. You can gaze down into the Mouth of Hell, marvel at the giant ferns in the cloud forest, let the brilliant colors and shapes of Grenada dance before your eyes, and be back in time for cocktails. Hacienda Puerto Del Cielo really does lives up to its name. It's built into built into a hillside. The views are stunning, and we loved the natural materials and openness of the rooms and public spaces. Our comfortable and spacious casita (Bella) had a wall of screened french windows opening onto a private patio overlooking the valley and volcano. Whether you wanted to be private or sociable, in the sun or in the shade, there was always a hammock or lounge chair in just the right place, and someone offering you a cool drink.
The owners Juan Carlos and Linda are quite remarkable hosts. Warm, generous and enthusiastic, they really do make you feel like a guest in their home. And the young Nicaraguan staff clearly benefit from their genorosity and mentorship too.With the result that they, too, go out of their way to look after you and practice their English. The food was fresh, simple, using local recipes and ingredients. It was all delicious, from the first big cup of fabulous local coffee in the morning to the home made dessert under the stars at night.. Try and stay at least FOUR full days - and longer if you can. That way you can enjoy all the amazing excursions and still have time to relax at the Hacienda and enjoy a massage. Thank you KLinda and JC, for a truly a truly wonderful trip and a glimpse of sustainable tourism at its best. I can't stop thinking about it or talking about it. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment or adventure hike through the 60 acre grounds of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe