My wife and I wanted to vacation somewhere tropical but avoid tourists and commercial resorts. This place was perfect. From the moment we stepped out of the airport, Juan Carlos and Linda (owners) treated us like family. Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo is beautiful, both inside and out. The food was fresh (often grown on the property) and delicious, the staff were gracious and always available to help, and the tours were spectacular. We honestly don't have anything negative to say about our trip or stay here. We never had concerns about safety, we learned so much about the history and people of Nicaragua, and the diverse microclimates around the resort are amazing. We stayed five nights and highly recommend all of the tours; each gives you a unique view of the area. We spent the last day lounging around the pool, sleeping in hammocks, and sipping drinks - it doesn't get any better. Many thanks to Juan Carlos, Linda, and all the staff for a relaxing and wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a green mountainside paradise in beautiful, sun-kissed Nicaragua. "Hacienda Puerta del Cielo Ecolodge & Spa" borders a protected national rainforest, teeming with colorful flora and fauna. Imagine yourself relaxing in a tropical pool overlooking a peaceful lagoon or meditating in a breezy hammock on your own private veranda. Explore the natural environment or adventure hike through the 60 acre grounds of our exclusive -adults only- boutique hotel and enjoy Ecotourism in luxury! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Hotel Masatepe
- Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa Nicaragua/Masatepe