“Refresh your body & your mind in 48 hours” 5 of 5 stars

You added Ard Nahoo to your Saves list
Ard Nahoo
Mullagh, Dromahair, Ireland   |
London
“Refresh your body & your mind in 48 hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

From the moment I checked into my Eco Cabin and discovered the home made bread in my kitchen still warm from the oven beside the freshly laid hen's eggs I knew I was in a special place.
Noeleen my hostess & the owner of Ard Nahoo is a very special woman. Not only does she run almost singlehandedly this wonderful health farm, she is also a full time mum of 2 pre teenage boys, yoga instructor for the farm (& local neighbours) & natural therapist with a string of qualifications after her name...
I arrived from busy intense London Monday afternoon leaving my job, husband and 2year old behind so that I could reconnect with mind & body and afford myself complete peace for a personal retreat.
Ard Nahoo was everything I imagined.. isolated with stunning views over Loch Nahoo & the surrounding Leitrim countryside. Infra-red sauna & Hot tub outside just waiting for me to indulge in. Noeleen had provided me with yoga welcome pack on arrival so that I could practice in the privacy of my cabin or prepare for the classes on the following days.
There are several guided walks at your disposal around this beautiful place also documented in your welcome pack including one to the Isle of Inishfree so you can lose yourself in Yeats poetic magic.
Personal service is paramount here.. Noeleen & Nicola ( excellent therapist also) strive to ensure you have everything at your disposal and your agenda is tailored to who you are and what you need during your personal retreat.
Organic vegetarian evening meals can be pre-ordered from Maria ( local chef) so cooking is effortless & very tasty I can assure you.
After 48 hours I felt I had re-connected with myself again and had the energy to climb mountains... Thank you Ard Nahoo for giving me the peace I craved.. I will certainly return for at least an annual fix...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

My wife and I spent 2 nights at Noeleen's lovely hideaway in Leitrim last week. Loved it. I don't normally do recommend it type reviews but felt this place deserves it.

From the warm welcome by Noeleen to the really fab food delivered by Maria (just order eveything on the menu-lasts 2 days!!) - the Sauna and Jacuzzi were a real delight for my wife as she doesnt normally do "treatments" - now convereted - as was I.

lovely chilled loop walk around the area - about 50 mins- stopped off for a pint or 2 in Staffords in local village- dromahair and then walked back which was a lot longer than we remembered in the car when we arrived so watch that one.

Recommend bring a good book and just enjoy the real solititude of the place - away from people with only 10 cows looking at you while you cook your dinner - turn on oven and dish it out 30 mins later.

Also, the drive out to parks castle is stunning - reminded us of Italy with winding road.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

Stayed here for 5 days/4 nights over the May bank holiday weekend. 2 adults and 2 young children (2 and 4) so we took one of the bigger cabins (Holly). The cabins themselves had everything you would need, and very roomy for 4 of us. The pellet burning stove we used sporadically and it worked nicely. Dinner was delivered by Jo nightly, very nice veggie fare and this made it a real holiday for us. Even the weather played ball, and we ate out on the deck most evenings.

Lovely peaceful setting and views across the rolling countryside. Explored around by bike on quiet country roads and lanes. The local village Dromahair seems very nice, and of course had a pint in the local (Stanfords) - very friendly.

Easy access to Lough Gill, beach at Strandhill, Knocknarea/Queen Maeve's Grave, Lough Key Forest Park, Sligo town for day trips.

My wife had a full body massage and loved it, I did the Uisce Hour - Detox Sauna and outdoor jacuzzi, very enjoyable. Noeleen and Nicola were great, very helpful and overall a fab break and couldn't recommend highly enough.

We hope to return someday soon!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Def off the beaten track in a part of Leitrim that seems to be strangely entirely populated with artists living in newly built, design houses tucked into forests along windy roads on the shores of Lough Gill.

We stayed in the Hawthorne cabin, which sleeps 2-4 people. Very efficiently heated with a wooden stove, has a small but perfectly functional kitchenette, a bathroom with electric shower, beds, a sofa and a CD player.

It's very hard to think of any downsides to a place where the staff are so friendly and helpful, you are greeted with an organic welcome pack of milk/bread/eggs and butter, where the staff bake buns to celebrate guests' birthdays, where it is quiet and peaceful day or night, you are only 10 minutes walk from the nearby Dromahair village and there is gorgeous scenery and meandering nature walks right on the door step as well as a holistic spa offering massage treatments and an outdoor hot tub. But if I had to think of anything then you might want to bear in mind that driving anywhere at night can be quite a harrowing experience on very windy, narrow, uneven roads with no streetlights for miles and miles. The cabin also has glass doors and no curtains, so while it is very unlikely anyone will walk past at night you will probably see other guests strolling around in the morning and be greeted by Buddy the friendly dog on the porch! Not a problem unless you like to laze about in your pyjamas until after breakfast!!

We thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet, the connoisseurs Guinness in Stanford's pub in Dromahair, the walk up O'Rourke's table, a blissful massage at Ard Nahoo, the Glen's art centre in Manorhamilton and the beautiful scenery around Lough Gill. Dromahair is very quiet, there are several hotels that have recently shut down and the restaurant in Stanford's is under renovation so be prepared to drive into Manorhamilton or Sligo if you want to eat out or bring your own provisions to cook at the cabins :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ard Nahoo? Share your experiences!