“Great Food and Wonderful Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Clancys of Glenfarne
Brockagh, Glenfarne, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Glenfarne B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food and Wonderful Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently visited this 'hidden gem' with a group of returned Leitrim emigrants from US, Canada, Australia and UK who were visiting the county for The Leitrim Roots Festival 2013. Assumpta and her staff provided us with great food and wonderful hospitality....a truly memorable experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A visit to Clancy's of Glenfarne should be a 'must see' and stay on any visit to the north west of Ireland and especially the beautiful county of Leitrim. The beds were comfy and rooms very clean. A very safe, comfortable and homely place to stay. The hospitality, food, service and craic from Jim and his family and staff was fantastic. The home made soda bread is to die for! Not tasted soda bread like this since my granny made it! Mouth watering! Wish we could have it here in Australia. Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Lovely wee place and so homely great staff very welcoming. Great menu selection definitely a place to stop by if you are looking for a bite to eat highly recommend..also service is very quick and food is cooked to perfection great hygiene the place is clean and tody will definitely will be back when im down that way again

• Stayed September 2013
wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have just returned from a two nights relaxed and enjoyable stay in this guest house. This truly is a hidden gem with all the comforts of a five star hotel. The owners Jim and Assumpta and all of the staff have truly restored my belief in what I class as Irish hospitality. We all know and talk about Irish hospitality but from my experience we don't get to see and enjoy it often enough.
I was travelling with my husband and we both enjoy kayaking so the location was excellent with access to a beautiful lake through a forest path around the corner from the guest house. Having spent two hours on the lake we were in bad need of nourishment so back to the guest house for our evening meal and this was just as I had expected a sensible and varied menu served and presented in typical Irish style. *("Compliments to the chef" and of course the waiting staff ) As us Irish are known to like a few drinks I feel I have to mention the bar across the road and the landlady Sue "she truly is a lady" this is a must on your visit as it has to be the most welcoming bar in the land both staff and locals. As my title says I will be back soon so thank you all for a great stay
japen wicklow

Room Tip: Ask for the presidential suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portglenone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A very welcoming restaurant. The staff were friendly. The menu was bigger than expected. We went here twice on our way to and from Westport. The burger was really nice as was the lasagne and chicken dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hello all
I would like to tell you about an evening I had the pleasure of stopping in one of the most friendliest B&B in Ireland I was going to one of the biggest nights for me in a place called the Ballroom of Romance and the place we chose to stay was a B&B called Clancys of Glenfarne on our arrival a lady and owner her name is Assumpta she opened the door and the warm welcome was so inviting it was like walking in to a personnel home in which you had been in for years we were escorted to our room and on chatting with Assumpta she realised that we would be leaving prior to breakfast been served in the morning. My Sister and I went to tget ready for our night out when a knock came to our door and it was Assumpta and in her hands were two bowls of Cereal and milk on ice with a warm smile she says " something to tied you over till you get to Dublin and this might I tell you was what I call the bit of magic so many establishments are missing but I can assure you it is never forgotten in Clancys of Glenfarne So thank you for everything Me and my sister really loved our stay at your B&B It is with no hesitation I would tell you if you are in Co Leitrim visiting it is Clancys of Glenfarne that you want to stay in

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I arrived on Sunday night with some colleagues. We where all impressed by the welcome we received by Assumpta and Jim. It really felt like a home from home. Our host made us aware that any requirements we needed, we just had to ask. Food made at unsociable hours, lifts to locations, etc. For a Guesthouse I would consider this above and beyond the call of duty, but then it's Clancy's ! Wee pub across the road is quaint rural pub but very welcoming with very friendly staff and patrons. The rooms are spotlessly clean, comfortable and well furnished throughout. I cannot emphasize enough how friendly and personal a welcome we received, not cold at all !

The best compliment I can pay is that if I'm ever passing thru Glenfarne I'll have to make sure and call in. I would whole hearty recommend this excellent establishment.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clancys of Glenfarne? Share your experiences!