“great for an escape from the concrete jungle to a real one” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ta Lai Longhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cat Tien National Park
Ta Lai Longhouse
You added Ta Lai Longhouse to your Saves list
Ta Lai Road, Cat Tien National Park 70000, Vietnam   |
Amsterdam
“great for an escape from the concrete jungle to a real one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the longhouse for 3 nights and this was pure holiday for me! The longhouse is directly at the jungle next to a lake where you can swim and take a kayak and so on and the way to the main entrance of the national park is not far. During my stay I did some kayaking, mountain biking and hiking (the wild Gibbon tour is in my eyes overrated whereas the visit of the batcave organised by the longhouse is a really nice and just beautiful trail) and with all that George, the manager, and his staff were really helpful. The food is really really good and the beds are surprisingly comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I are expats in Saigon and Ta Lai Guesthouse was a wonderful weekend getaway for us. Its only a three hour trip from the city and you immediately feel relaxed upon arrival. We had a wonderful time visiting and sharing meals with the staff. The food was excellent. My husband is a pescatarian and they were happy to accommodate. The beds in the guesthouse are very comfortable and we had great night sleeps. We enjoyed relaxing, hiking, biking, kayaking and a little fishing with the poles that we brought. Even with the driving there and back, our weekend felt longer than when we stay at home. Fantastic trip! We look forward to doing it again and inviting friends to join us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

My partner found this place online and did the booking by email (efficient in itself) and I will admit to being dubious when it was described to me but I take it all back. We arrived by bus from Dalat and then a cheap taxi ride to the edge of the park (if we'd gone on the back of mopeds waiting they can take you inside) and then a lovely 1km or so walk over bridge and then through the local village to reach the longhouse 'complex'. A magnificent local built structure of bamboo and palm fronds with nearby modern toilet and shower facilities and a seperate kitchen then outdoor (covered) eating area. We were greeted by very friendly staff who made our 2 day stay very enjoyable. There is kayaking available in a lake/river just down the hill or even just swimming in it which we did as well as nice walks in each direction but I recommend hiring bikes (they have modern ones with suspension on offer) and cycling through the National Park to the visitor centre there and related attractions. In the evenings an amazing spread cooked by the locals was laid on together with fun and games and it was a real treat to wake up in the mornings with light filtering in to the hut gently. It was a pity to have to leave (we'd already made other bookings though) but they even made that easy with mopeds booked and people who waited with us at the main road to make sure we got on the correct onward bus to Ho Chi Minh City. All in all one of the highlights of an excellent 3 week holiday and if you're thinking, well I can get a proper hotel room for this price then you're thinking about holidaying all wrong!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This unique place at the edge of Cat Tien Nationalpark is definitely worth a visit: You can start your jungle experience from here, and at the same time enjoy the peace of nature that surrounds you. On top of it, it's a project that supports the people living here. Accomodation is basic but with loving attention, perfectly fitting into the beauty of nature. But most of all, I have to thank my absolutely amazing hosts Tram Anh and Ha (is this the correct spelling?) for all the talks, insights, fun, great food and help with my travel arrangements which they provided me throughout my stay. It was a big pleasure! Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We spent three wonderful days over there, thanks to the great staff, warm, quiet and authentic place surrounded by beautiful nature. People are kind and very helpful, food is so good, the jungle is really fascinating, and above all there was no other tourist in the nice dormitory so we had the longhouse just for us and the staff, what a great honour !

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had heard of the Ta Lai Longhouse through a friend of a friend and as the majority of our 6 week trip would consist of city visits we decided a change was needed. I'm positive that we couldn't have chosen better. The setting is really beautiful, just outside the National Park on it's own and on high ground. Both the Vietnamese and Western staff are very friendly and have created a nice relaxed vibe about the Longhouse. We went out on a bike ride with the guide there, George, who is very knowledgeable on the area and a great laugh as well. Whether you're taking a short while to relax in the hammocks outside the longhouse, off on a bike ride through the National Park or taking a dip in the lake it's an experience I would recommend to anyone visiting Vietnam. Full marks for me, my only regret is we didn't stay longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted to visit Cat Tien National Park just to see a non-urban space in Vietnam. We booked Ta Lai without understanding what it actually was, but we were so completely thrilled with our experience. It felt more like Girl Scout camp than a hotel, but with cleaner bathrooms and softer mattresses than most hotels we've stayed at. The food was great, beyond great, we still dream about it. The staff was so nice and made us feel like old friends. Ta Lai was an incredibly friendly and accessible village compared to many others we would encounter. The guided trek was unforgettable, and hiking through streams and caves would have been impossible without him. The only thing I would have done differently is stayed more than 2 nights. It was not nearly long enough, especially as hard as Cat Tien was to get to. The park on its own is nothing though; the longhouse is the real deal and absolutely worth a week of your life!

• Stayed October 2013
George A, Manager at Ta Lai Longhouse, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi Bristol

Thanks for your feedback. We are very happy to hear you both enjoyed your time with us. I hope the next time you come to vietnam you will vist us again and stay for longer.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon and all the best for the future.

thanks from all of us

Ta Lai longhouse Team

Been to Ta Lai Longhouse? Share your experiences!