“Food was beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Telford, England, United Kingdom
“Food was beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Visited here on a Monday for Monday Madness(50% off all mains) as full price some dishes are quite pricey. I had the burger and chips (proper homemade chips), the boyfriend had the belly pork. Food was ready at the right moments and staff were friendly. We even had a pudding after each.The food was beautiful, we couldn't fault it and we will be going there again. My only criticism is the waiter forgot my wine when i asked for one and by the time i'd eat my pudding, i mentioned this to the waitress and just said can you make sure its not on our bill as its been 20 minutes and i hadn't received it.I shared my partners diet coke to wash down my pudding. I thought that might of been an apology but unfortunately there wasn't....but its water under the bridge and i'm over it!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
“Best Sunday lunch I've ever paid for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We phoned on the off chance that we could get a table, got one in the bar, which was fine.
When we arrived we were shown to our table in the Restaurant (no complaints here). I ordered the large beef and pork dinner but asked for double beef as I wasn't feeling pork that day my partner opted for half a chicken.

It took around 20 minutes to come out, the meat was tender, veg was nice and firm and the gravy was out of this world, but the stars of the show were my Yorkshire pudding and my partners stuffing both for which there are no words.

We will be returning soon

Visited December 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
“Best Meal Ever Had In A Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I booked a table via their website and had a reply very promptly to confirm the booking. We both had starters and main courses. As it was a Monday evening the main courses were half price. The food was absolutely delicious and we both agreed that it was of a particularly high standard. Lamb was cooked to perfection and complemented by the roasted root vegetables. My husband had the steak which was cooked just as requested and full of flavour, and he commented that the peppercorn sauce was especially flavoursome without being overpowering.

Service was professional, courteous and unobtrusive, just as you would like it. The ambiance was nice and good for a Monday evening and the restaurant was tastefully decorated for Christmas.

Overall a superb experience and we will certainly be returning in the new year.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent value ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Came in for lunch today with my partner and daughter had a warm welcome off the waitress we was early but our table was already prepared, taken to our table and was surprised how cheap the menu was from the pictures of the food I had seen I suppose it was lunch but still great value the burger I had was very nice as was the sandwich my partner had on loverly thick granary bread I will be coming back thank you chefs and the front of house team :)

uk
“Great Sunday Lunch.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

After been recommended this place a couple of weeks ago we thought we'd give it ago.... we weren't disappointed. .. lovely Sunday lunch, great value and quantity/quality. .... very friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us....